Gas cap issue

MAN U R SlOW

Registered
Ok so I broke my key off in the ignition..Ordered a new key and lock set $$$$ how do you get the gas cap off to replace it when you cant unlock it??

Wow i have 5 extra keys to my bike, two that came with it and 3 that I had made up with different handles from custom motorcyc keys

Having extra keys doesn't help much if the lock is useless. You may be able to unbolt the cap but it is designed to not come out even with the bolts removed. I purchased a used tank once and didn't have the key. I had to destroy the whole cap to get it free. Good luck.

Hammer and screw or drill the lock is your only bet. I had the same issue once and used a drill. Not hard at all, only thing you will damage is the lock but since you can't you'se it what good is it anyways.

but what if u want to save the lock. I need to save the gas cap, i want to take it out to get a key made. ??? how do i get it out without damaging it? i was told buy taking the fuel pump out and going up to unlock it from the inside but i still dont see how. ps what is a good way to clean the gunk out of the gas tank and fuel pump?

Can you remove the framing (part with allen screws) and wedge a small screwdriver in there to pry the pin back? Does this make sense to anyone but me?

Can you remove the framing (part with allen screws) and wedge a small screwdriver in there to pry the pin back? Does this make sense to anyone but me?

In theory, this should work! Otherwise, call a locksmith, he can prolly pick it for less than $20...

ok so we just have to find the pin with a lil screw driver ok gotcha about to go try it. be rite back to let u guys know how it went. how do i clean the gunk out of the gas tank, and fuel pump?

You may be able to pop it open from inside with fuel pump removed ?
Sounds like it may work.
ok i have it off but i cant see enough to know what im looking for lol, what do i do from this point????

securedownload.jpg

Have to look up in tank and see if you can see the two tabs that are holding gas cap closed.
If you can see them try to push them in to release cap.

is that the round bubble i see? or how does it look i can only see a lil bit. ill try to take a pic. this will help alot of ppl this is a comin factor. broken keys, or when u buy a new tank without the key. i hope we get her done. be rite back with a pic.

ok guys heres what i got. can u guys see that lil bubble looking thing? is that what i need to push to unlock the gas cap????:please::please::please:

gas cap2.jpg

gas cap3.jpg

gas cap 1.jpg

Back