Kevin

Hi i am new to this site,having picked up my new Busa last week,i am really enjoying it,can anybody help/advise me on risers/lifters, i am 5 feet 8 inches tall, i feel that with a touch more height on the handlebars would make riding easier,am i right?,i would appreciate any comments,thanks,Kevin.

Everybody's first reaction to a new bike is to tweak this and that to make it more comfortable! Helibars are great, but honestly, put 2500 miles on your bike, and you'll be surprised how your body will have adapted to the machine. Just like a bicycle, it takes time to build up the muscle strength and endurance for a fixed position and to be accustomed to a new weight bearing posture. Spend that $ on gas and some long rides, and you'll be surprised that you don't need to change much/anything on the bike! That being said, I've put a Corbin seat on mine, HeliBars (until ABM comes out with an ABS Superbike bar kit...) and lowered the footpegs - but I'm also 8 inches taller than you, so needed some leg room... at least I convinced myself of that. I should have just ridden!

Your body WILL adjust. But, I still have both risers and Helibars, and I know plenty that are very happy they put Helibars on their bikes.

Welcome, also think about a Tobin/New Image seat. That will lower you quite a bit.

Welcome :beerchug: I am 6 foot 1 and have the helibars with foam grips and a mechanical cruise control and 20 mm lowered foot pegs now I can ride further without much pain :laugh: :thumbsup:

Back