Kawasaki H2

Based on this video of these 3, if I was looking for an all around bike I’d take the zx14, if I wanted something more focused for carving then it would be the zx10 I’ll pass on the H2, but prefer my Busa over them all

Last edited:
We've seen the turbo bike years come and go in the '80s..

Maybe it will be re-born...?? I think we've almost hit the hp limit on an N/A bike motor.
The Achilles heel of the original turbo bikes was fuel delivery. Once the car manufacturers figured out fuel injection the turbo cars got good, quick. SVO, Starion, GLH, etc. The bike manufacturers just walked away from the technology.

My understanding is that eventually the regs will make big bore bikes too hard to get certified. There are some technologies like direct injection that might work, but the best bet for now is a smaller displacement and then pump it up. Turbos have a lag, you can reduce it but they need exhaust gases so until you get going it's not going to work. A supercharger is the better option but they have limited boost and the belts and all have to experience the same basic dynamics as the engine internals. Tough to do with an affordable unit.

Kawasaki has tons of money compared to other motorcycles, sort of like BMW. Most bikes are designed for the current state of the art. Kawasaki is working on the next 10 years. I think the other guys figure that electric motors will make superchargers moot before they are absolutely a must to meet regs.

The Achilles heel of the original turbo bikes was fuel delivery. Once the car manufacturers figured out fuel injection the turbo cars got good, quick. SVO, Starion, GLH, etc. The bike manufacturers just walked away from the technology.

...and they put them on some of the crappiest motors they made...I mean the Honda CX platform? Really? Talk about a dog of a motor...Suzuki and Yamaha each used a dog motor as well and the Kawi motor was the old generation..If they would have turbo'd the GPZ900, that might have been a different story...

You know as well as I do what the limitations of supercharging are. They use power to make power and they become extremely inefficient at high rpm.

Damn, excuse the hell outta me! I (didn’t) know they “become extremely inefficient at high rpm”. Was just a question.

I went and sat on an SX. Good looking bike, I'm sure it performs great but IMO the ergos are not sport touring, especially for an old dude like me. I rode my ST to the Kawi dealer and getting back on the Honda felt like aaahhhh.

Back