Kawasaki H2

Tached1300

Registered
Wife and I went looking at a few bikes (for her) and eventually stoped by the dealership. I’ve never sat on an H2 before or paid much attention to it in person. I think I was surprised at how light it feels, and it has a pretty comfortable feel to it and the wife even approved of the rear seat. This particular one is marked down to 21K if any one is interested. I’m not in the market for me personally at this time but I think could it be an addition to my stable down the road at some point.

The sales rep also said rumor has it that Kawasaki will be releasing a supercharged version of the Z1000

88FB4CA8-3488-4431-B5D6-615E3FDB37BE.jpeg

E0E9FE85-B0E8-4F0D-B646-BAC26BECC10E.jpeg

I’d like to ride one but 22K is too high for me. I’ve also read where just about everyone is surprised at how nice it is to ride.

Looks like your on the H2 SX or SXE model . ;)
They were about to close and had just brought this in from outside so I sat on it quickly before leaving, I’d like to give it a good looking over next time. I was surprised at the comfort it feels more sport touring than Supersport to me.

That SE looks to fit you very well @Tached1300 , I have never had a look at an SE up close to see how I (6' 4" ) would fit , but you look like you would certainly be close .
I have seen the H2 up close when Kawasaki debuted the bike at a road race meet . They had fitted up the hand grip on the fuel cap for pillion rides around the track to one of those and a zx10r .
Pretty impressive machine , with that revolutionary crazy styling , certainly would be a very nice addition to any ones bike collection .

That SE looks to fit you very well @Tached1300 , I have never had a look at an SE up close to see how I (6' 4" ) would fit , but you look like you would certainly be close .
I have seen the H2 up close when Kawasaki debuted the bike at a road race meet . They had fitted up the hand grip on the fuel cap for pillion rides around the track to one of those and a zx10r .
Pretty impressive machine , with that revolutionary crazy styling , certainly would be a very nice addition to any ones bike collection .
I’m on the taller end of 6’2”

1 dealership had an H2 marked down like that for months and nobody would bite??? Guess that bike is an acquired taste...... Salesman told me a lot of the guys that were interested were scared away after they got an insurance quote :crazy:

I’ve seen the H2 and SX both are cool looking unique bikes but I just don’t see me getting 1.

1 dealership had an H2 marked down like that for months and nobody would bite??? Guess that bike is an acquired taste...... Salesman told me a lot of the guys that were interested were scared away after they got an insurance quote :crazy:

I’ve seen the H2 and SX both are cool looking unique bikes but I just don’t see me getting 1.

I like the H2 and the SX SE model comes with luggage. I would not give up my Busa for one. Plus the cost prohibits me from getting one. Not as tested and may not be reliable as a Busa.

I'm apprehensive of the technology...if supercharging is the end all of performance, why haven't all the other manufacturers jumped on the band wagon?

So far only Kawasaki has embraced this tech and they don't seem much farther ahead of the other manufacturers as far as performance gains go using this tech.

I've heard grumblings of other supercharged platforms coming but so far they are only grumblings.

For some reason Suzuki abandoned using superchargers as the B King was supposed to be supercharged.

3 reasons I will not buy one. . .
1]. Too ugly
2]. Kawasaki
3]. Too expensive ($38k here in NZ)

I’d certainly like to ride one though, all the reviews and tests say they’re nice to ride.
Hmmmm, one day an H2 May come in to work for a WoF or a service. . .

I'm apprehensive of the technology...if supercharging is the end all of performance, why haven't all the other manufacturers jumped on the band wagon?

So far only Kawasaki has embraced this tech and they don't seem much farther ahead of the other manufacturers as far as performance gains go using this tech.

I've heard grumblings of other supercharged platforms coming but so far they are only grumblings.

For some reason Suzuki abandoned using superchargers as the B King was supposed to be supercharged.
Blowers are proven technology, they've been used by small engine manufacturers for decades. Kaw, Yamaha and Sea-Doo have all sold supercharged PWC.
That being said they have limitations, and have always struck me as not well suited for bike motors, turbos seem like a much better fit for a high revving 4 cylinder....

Blowers are proven technology, they've been used by small engine manufacturers for decades. Kaw, Yamaha and Sea-Doo have all sold supercharged PWC.
That being said they have limitations, and have always struck me as not well suited for bike motors, turbos seem like a much better fit for a high revving 4 cylinder....
Yep that has been typically the downfall of the supercharger high rpm wreaks havoc on their bearings over time.

A supercharged motorcycle seems more like a novelty or gimmick to me so I’ve never really paid this bike much attention but sitting on it made me want to ride it but I would not pay that much for one. Perhaps as they age I can consider a used one for a decent price but then again when I think supercharged I think it’s one more thing that could go wrong down the road.

Yep that has been typically the downfall of the supercharger high rpm wreaks havoc on their bearings over time.

A supercharged motorcycle seems more like a novelty or gimmick to me so I’ve never really paid this bike much attention but sitting on it made me want to ride it but I would not pay that much for one. Perhaps as they age I can consider a used one for a decent price but then again when I think supercharged I think it’s one more thing that could go wrong down the road.
Agreed, but the low end grunt of instant-on torque is exactly what a small, high-revving engine needs. I'm surprised nobody has utilized a clutch to disconnect it after say 6k rpm. Low end hit but no high rpm drag.

We've seen the turbo bike years come and go in the '80s..

Maybe it will be re-born...?? I think we've almost hit the hp limit on an N/A bike motor.

Last edited:
I love how in this video he refers to the “legendary” Hayabusa as a point of reference/comparison. The Busa is the measuring stick that others use to judge all newcomers. He gives a good overview of the H2 SX SE

Back