Kasper keeps eating license plates

Tim99ws6

Registered
Apparently it's part of her regualar diet!?

I have a 2005 Hayabusa. Has a basic 1/2 drop and 5.5" stretch with extensions. I don't care for the plate being moved so as to avoid any more law enforcement interest than the bike already does. That being said, I am having trouble keeping the bike from eating my plate every so often. At first, it was mildly humurous, but having to explain why i need a new plate every time is getting a little old with the city hall clerk's office.

1) How far does your tire sit from the plate on your bikes who try to keep them generally in the stock location?

2) What other options do i have for plate mounting that DONT look boy-racer? :banghead:

I sit 6'6, 235 FYI. I'll work on getting a pic of the bike unloaded to show you how i have it set this time. I'm worried if i turn it anymore vertical, I'll run into other problems with the Police. This is my last ditch effort!

:please:

busa1.jpg

busa2.jpg

busa3.jpg

You might be able to put a thin piece of metal behind your plate that extends out / down a few inches that would allow the tag to bend upward vs. getting eaten by the tire :dunno:

put a leash on it, 20lb test fishing line and tie it around the bolt hole and run it up behind the tail light

Yea, you can kind of see where I bent the plate a little with the same idea as you. If it doesn't work this time I'll have to resort to more serious options

Back