Kanye West sore loser at awards show

I just read this thread and spit Mt. Dew all over my keyboard...
I do not like green eggs and ham, I am not a wizard in the Klan.

I have been to Africa - but that isn't important is it? And when did Pan get his computer working??

(MC MUSTANG @ Nov. 07 2006,12:50) I just read this thread and spit Mt. Dew all over my keyboard...
I do not like green eggs and ham, I am not a wizard in the Klan.

I have been to Africa - but that isn't important is it?  And when did Pan get his computer working??
You would have to be born in Africa to be an African American. "African American" is a ridiculous term for a black man born in America. He is an American!

Don't believe the hype, That's all kanye west was trying to create. His antics did more harm to his career than good. He's on his way out and he's getting desperate. It wasn't a joke, he needs all the help he can get. As a musician I keep up with the trends of music. Rap is like a dead end job..........a high turnover.

For Mr. stab in the dark. You may not have mean't any harm in what you wrote,and i believe you didn't, but it was the way it was written. As a police officer, how I say something is more important than what I say. It could the difference in any situation to end good or bad. I'm sure a lot of members of this site have dealt with cops who thought they were wearing a mask and cape instead of a badge and gun. They pissed you off, didn't they? It's the same thing with dealing with people in every day life.

(bassplayerrider @ Nov. 07 2006,19:51) Don't believe the hype, That's all kanye west was trying to create.  His antics did more harm to his career than good.  He's on his way out and he's getting desperate.  It wasn't a joke, he needs all the help he can get.  As a musician I keep up with the trends of music.  Rap is like a dead end job..........a high turnover.

For  Mr. stab in the dark.  You may not have mean't any harm in what you wrote,and i believe you didn't, but it was the way it was written.  As a police officer, how I say something is more important than what I say.  It could the difference in any situation to end good or bad.  I'm sure a lot of members of this site have dealt with cops who thought they were wearing a mask and cape instead of a badge and gun.  They pissed you off, didn't they?  It's the same thing with dealing with people in every day life.
+1, Good statement.

Rap music does have a high turnover. It is what it is. There are only so many different ways to talk about smoking weed, drinking, having sex, and riding out in your clean azz car on 26" wheels. Oooops I forgot hittin IHOP afterward cause you got the munchies!!

As a black, Afro-American, or whatever y'all wanna call me today, long as it aint ni............., I really have to say that it is pretty bad how the music degrades women. How can you say you want a good woman and that you love your wife, mother, sisters, daughter, etc..... then run around calling women biyatches, ho's, and displaying them 90% nekked in the videos.

I love skin as much as the next dude, but this stuff now only seems to perpetuate a cycle of degrading women, as well as the build-up of these little R&B/Middle-Class Gangstas. YOu are not hard if you go from being on the cut on the corner selling, to the dining room at mommy and daddy's house having dinner. But these kids (black, white, hispanic, and yes even the asians) are all running around with nice cars and trust funds trying to be gangsta. What a fu*king joke!!!!

(bassplayerrider @ Nov. 07 2006,19:51) Don't believe the hype, That's all kanye west was trying to create.  His antics did more harm to his career than good.  He's on his way out and he's getting desperate.  It wasn't a joke, he needs all the help he can get.  As a musician I keep up with the trends of music.  Rap is like a dead end job..........a high turnover.

For  Mr. stab in the dark.  You may not have mean't any harm in what you wrote,and i believe you didn't, but it was the way it was written.  As a police officer, how I say something is more important than what I say.  It could the difference in any situation to end good or bad.  I'm sure a lot of members of this site have dealt with cops who thought they were wearing a mask and cape instead of a badge and gun.  They pissed you off, didn't they?  It's the same thing with dealing with people in every day life.
+2

I agree Southside...very true and even though I enjoy a lot of today's rap, I often wonder the same thing...

There are some good guys out there though...on the fringe I guess, or even guys that are notorious for "living the thug life" put out a song or two that are not deragatory toward women, that actually embrace them yet probably still have 'em dancing half nekkid for the vid.  Marketing is always the key to making more cash.

...perhaps there will be a shift in the future?  Who knows?

(Southside Playa @ Nov. 08 2006,10:03) Rap music does have a high turnover. It is what it is. There are only so many different ways to talk about smoking weed, drinking, having sex, and riding out in your clean azz car on 26" wheels. Oooops I forgot hittin IHOP afterward cause you got the munchies!!

As a black, Afro-American, or whatever y'all wanna call me today, long as it aint ni............., I really have to say that it is pretty bad how the music degrades women. How can you say you want a good woman and that you love your wife, mother, sisters, daughter, etc..... then run around calling women biyatches, ho's, and displaying them 90% nekked in the videos.

I love skin as much as the next dude, but this stuff now only seems to perpetuate a cycle of degrading women, as well as the build-up of these little R&B/Middle-Class Gangstas. YOu are not hard if you go from being on the cut on the corner selling, to the dining room at mommy and daddy's house having dinner. But these kids (black, white, hispanic, and yes even the asians) are all running around with nice cars and trust funds trying to be gangsta. What a fu*king joke!!!!
Rap does have a high turnover, it's because marketing drives it. Everyone has jumped on the hip hop bandwagon and is trying to make a quick buck.
Rap did not used to be all about smokin, slangin, b!tches and cars. There used to be lots of popular and good rappers who never ventured into those waters. I look at it as akin to the Harley revolution we are seeing now. Everyone wants to be percieved as a bad boy, subscribing to the gangsta mentality is just one way of pretending. These wannabe's have no clue that if their idols did all the things they talk about, they would be dead or locked up. The rappers (Lil Wayne and his idiots come to mind) that only rap about how much money they have are weak to me, but evidently the public loves that bullsh!t, it keeps selling........ Give me the cats that can tell a good story, those are what I'll buy.
I live in a little town, less than 10k pop, but there are a few kids, both black and white, who swear they are gangsta. I mean claiming hoods, dressing the part, tattoos, the whole nine yards. They crack me up, they have NO CLUE what they are imitating. All the G's I knew growing up were pretty much nice guys, until you pushed them. These kids think that they gotta be hard all the time, and it makes for some really funny fights. A lot of times the kid in the rival "Gang" is their own cousin, how retarded is that? The rap industry is responsible for this, I wish they would get off the gangsta sh!t, and get back on some early 90's house party type music..........Everyone can't be hard!!!

I miss Ice-T, telling a story... Painting an image for you to walk through.

I get tired DAMN tired of the mindless no talent ryhming and "Bling" video BS... All about Chasing Money and Ho's!!! Retarded.

So much rap right now is nothing more than 80's hair metal bands. A standard Formula, fed to the masses.

hitwizardRB.jpg

i don't even know how to mess with ratings.. where is the button for that?

too many doo-dads around here lol

kanye is an entertainer.. and thus... merits no "real" thought of anything he says.

When entertainers stop doing what they do for a living... I stop paying attention.

not that I was paying any attention to this dude anyway... but I would react the same way if Breaking Benjamin jumped up and started talking about anything than there new single or album.. or whatever it was that wasn't directly involved with their professional careers.

awards shows... I don't even understand why anybody watches these things anymore.

(Revlis @ Nov. 08 2006,10:34) I miss Ice-T, telling a story...  Painting an image for you to walk through.  

I get tired DAMN tired of the mindless no talent ryhming and "Bling" video BS...  All about Chasing Money and Ho's!!!  Retarded.

So much rap right now is nothing more than 80's hair metal bands.  A standard Formula, fed to the masses.
I miss that long ago style as well.

I'll take the hair bands over rap anyday. Atleast you had to have some talent to play a instrument or something back then.

Anyone, ANYONE can learn to rap given enough practice if they have the will to do it. Having a general knowledge of rhythm is a helpful bonus, but hey, that's what a recording studio is for.

Back