rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

A singer
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

(RaveCrusader @ Nov. 04 2006,16:15) When I posted this thread a day ago, I had a memeber rating of 5. Now it is right at 3.

Interesting...

Member ratings make me chuckle.
beerchug.gif

I must of hurt some peoples feelers.

lurk.gif
why dont you go on stage and cry about it...j/k

(MR X @ Nov. 04 2006,20
super.gif
) WHO  IS KAYNE WEST?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

A singer
rock.gif
A rapper ... if you wanna call what he does "rap". Placing a "C" in front of it would be more accurate.

Line from one of his songs:
She got a light skinned friend look like Michael Jackson
Got a dark skinned friend look like Michael Jackson

See the effort he puts forth in his rhymes ...
poke.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

05busablu.......... lemme help you out with a 5................... we must have a few african americans on the board that dont think much of this thread. just a stab in the dark

(RCKTMAN @ Nov. 05 2006,03:23) 05busablu.......... lemme help you out with a 5................... we must have a few african americans on the board that dont think much of this thread. just a stab in the dark
Stab again, that one missed.

Since nobody probably even watched that lame award show... or cares... he probably did it just so he could get some easy publicity. It worked. Even we're talking about it on a motorcycle forum.

(PaNDeM1C @ Nov. 06 2006,01:04) Since nobody probably even watched that lame award show... or cares... he probably did it just so he could get some easy publicity. It worked. Even we're talking about it on a motorcycle forum.
According to the radio this morning, it turns out it was staged. Kanye and the group that won the award were later laughing about it and went to the after-party together.

Him saying his video should have won because it costed a million dollars to make plus it stared Pam Anderson was supposed to be a joke and a play on his behavior I mentioned earlier in this thread.

(RCKTMAN @ Nov. 05 2006,01:23) 05busablu.......... lemme help you out with a 5................... we must have a few african americans on the board that dont think much of this thread. just a stab in the dark
We have some people that were born in Africa and now are American on this site? I've never been to Africa.
biggrin.gif

As one of the resident black folks round here, I can speak for myself and say I didn't f*ck with anyone's rating. Everyone around here is entitled to their own opinion. Watch it with the Afro-American shid. It could have easily been a white Kanye fan on here that got pissed. I could give two shids about him being pissed about not winning whatever award, but don't think that its a "black" thing that someone chose to f*ck with your rating.

And no I wasn't born in Africa. I am an AMerican citizen, born and raised and a Texan, so I may be slightly superior!! End of the day its all good.

rant.gif

(Southside Playa @ Nov. 07 2006,09:36) As one of the resident black folks round here, I can speak for myself and say I didn't f*ck with anyone's rating. Everyone around here is entitled to their own opinion. Watch it with the Afro-American shid. It could have easily been a white Kanye fan on here that got pissed. I could give two shids about him being pissed about not winning whatever award, but don't think that its a "black" thing that someone chose to f*ck with your rating.

And no I wasn't born in Africa. I am an AMerican citizen, born and raised and a Texan, so I may be slightly superior!! End of the day its all good.

rant.gif
A Texan above all...
Good for you...
bowdown.gif

I forgot to add that it really could have been a non-black member that hit your rating, seeing that y'all like "our" music, especially your kids!! I bet your kids have got a Kanye bootleg, or Snoop Doggs Greatest Hits under the bed!!

Don't trip, cause I like some of y'all's music too. You may find an Aerosmith cd in my car, and maybe even a lil Guns N Roses!!

Seriously though, I don't do much rap. I am more of an R&B, Neo-soul, Blues, and Jazz man myself. Highly muscially diverse. I can get into just about anything with good instrumentation behind it. I like true "Artists", not these fly-by-night, one-hit-wonder MF's that most record companies are backing today.

Sorry for the extended rant.

(Southside Playa @ Nov. 07 2006,08:10) I forgot to add that it really could have been a non-black member that hit your rating, seeing that y'all like "our" music, especially your kids!! I bet your kids have got a Kanye bootleg, or Snoop Doggs Greatest Hits under the bed!!

Don't trip, cause I like some of y'all's music too. You may find an Aerosmith cd in my car, and maybe even a lil Guns N Roses!!

Seriously though, I don't do much rap. I am more of an R&B, Neo-soul, Blues, and Jazz man myself. Highly muscially diverse. I can get into just about anything with good instrumentation behind it. I like true "Artists", not these fly-by-night, one-hit-wonder MF's that most record companies are backing today.

Sorry for the extended rant.
Dayumm dawg dont foret about Stevie Knicks, Talking heads, Tears for Fear, Ozzy, Talking heads, Judd Girls, Randy T,Journey,Korn and so on.  
laugh.gif

If it has a good beat I'm game to getting my Rhythm on.  
wink.gif

(Spigga @ Nov. 06 2006,04:26)
(PaNDeM1C @ Nov. 06 2006,01:04) Since nobody probably even watched that lame award show... or cares... he probably did it just so he could get some easy publicity. It worked. Even we're talking about it on a motorcycle forum.
According to the radio this morning, it turns out it was staged. Kanye and the group that won the award were later laughing about it and went to the after-party together.

Him saying his video should have won because it costed a million dollars to make plus it stared Pam Anderson was supposed to be a joke and a play on his behavior I mentioned earlier in this thread.
I’m not sure how this became a race issue, but that was NOT what I meant. Whether Kanye was black, white, green, blue or polka-dot; I was just talking about his behavior.

I agree with Mr Brown, he has some good music but I think his attitude sucks. After seeing that it really was just a publicity stunt I feel pretty stupid for even posting the CNN article about it. All I did was just feed the publicity because here we are... still talking about it.

About the member rating; what I meant about how my member rating lowered suddenly is because I posted something controversial and suddenly it went down drastically. I am not a fan of member ratings just for that reason. I am just surprised that this thread, of all the ones I have seen here on the org, has had this much controversy.

Seeing some of the negative reactions I have caused, I will rethink what kind of links to articles or topics I will place here on the org in the future. I do not come to this site to make people feel angry or passive aggressive.

P.S. I posted this exact same thread on another message board at the same time and did not get nearly the negative reaction.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

(RaveCrusader @ Nov. 07 2006,08:21)
(Spigga @ Nov. 06 2006,04:26)

I’m not sure how this became a race issue, but that was NOT what I meant. Whether Kanye was black, white, green, blue or polka-dot; I was just talking about his behavior.

I agree with Mr Brown, he has some good music but I think his attitude sucks. After seeing that it really was just a publicity stunt I feel pretty stupid for even posting the CNN article about it. All I did was just feed the publicity because here we are... still talking about it.

About the member rating; what I meant about how my member rating lowered suddenly is because I posted something controversial and suddenly it went down drastically. I am not a fan of member ratings just for that reason. I am just surprised that this thread, of all the ones I have seen here on the org, has had this much controversy.

Seeing some of the negative reactions I have caused, I will rethink what kind of links to articles or topics I will place here on the org in the future. I do not come to this site to make people feel angry or passive aggressive.

P.S. I posted this exact same thread on another message board at the same time and did not get nearly the negative reaction.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
Heres the uncalled for remark.
sad.gif

RCKTMAN
Rookie

Group: Donating Member
Shreveport, Louisiana

Member Rating: 3.28

Posted on: Nov. 05 2006,01:23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
05busablu.......... lemme help you out with a 5................... we must have a few african americans on the board that dont think much of this thread. just a stab in the dark
[/Quote]

Hrmmm, I like Kanye West...
biggrin.gif
 I even sat through some interview with him all about his life before he was famous, his love for art, saw some of his own paintings and work he's done...sure, he's made some dumb comments and seems to be a sore loser, but I also wonder how much of that was taken out of context or misconstrued...

Remember, people of all races make stupid comments - John Kerry, our own President, Al Gore, Spike Lee...me...no need for any subject like this to become a racial one and about the damn rating system LOL  Jeez, please, we're rating people on a thread they started?!  LOL  Ummm, pass the booze man...I need to be more drunk to understand  
all_coholic.gif

Signed,
White girl posting
laugh.gif

Back