K8 Milestone.... 25,000 miles!!!!!!!!

Warchild

Banned
Just got back from the FJR National in Golden, Colorado....  passed over this K8 milestone on the way home:

K8_25K_700.jpg

The photo represents:

- six oil changes
- six sets of tires: factory 'Stones, Avon Storms, Michelin Pilot Powers, Dunlop Qualifiers, Conti Road Attacks
- 2 sets NGK Iridiums
- still on the factory RK chain (thank you, Pro-Oiler!).... but the chain is starting to make a little noise, probably will replace it soon.

Problems in the past 25,000 miles:

- only one problem.... lost the circlip retaining the shift lever on the selector rod (vibrated/broke off during high-speed runs in Nevada). That's it.... well, that, and I seem to have problems getting the rear tire to last....
cool.gif

I'm finally at home for the next 2-3 weeks until the next major series of rides begin. It's a good thing too... my K8 is in desperate need of some scheduled maintenance, and definitely could use some cosmetic TLC.  
crazy.gif

Some people don't understand the magnitude of this achievement.

I call myself a full-tilt road warrior. I call you that, as well.

Congrats, Warchild.

Thats amazing! The K8 has been out for less than a year and you already have 25,000 miles! Im just now pushing 4000 on mine. I got it at the end of February.

Congrats!
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

I am not worthy.... 2500 miles and had it for one month.... No way I could keep that pace for that long though. You are the man
thumb_up.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif
 dang not wasting anytime racking up the miles
Bought the bike new last November , right before the big snowfalls started. Couldn't really put the bike on the road until April of this year.

So the vast majority of this mileage has occurred in the past four months.  
cool.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Some people don't understand the magnitude of this achievement.

I call myself a full-tilt road warrior.  I call you that, as well.

Congrats, Warchild. [/quote]

Thanks for the kind words, my brother!    
beerchug.gif

And, yes, it does take a bit of orthopedic commitment to run up this kind of mileage in this short time frame....    
cool.gif

beerchug.gif

cool.gif

Is that a nice way of saying your butt is broken in?
Heh.... truthfully, the new Rick Mayer seat I had made to replace the Suzuki gel seat has made a HUGE improvement! This was done via a Ride-In appointment at the Rick Mayer Ranch just west of Anderson, CA on Friday, July 11th.

Click on these photos below to see them in greater detail.

Here is Rick Mayer working on my stock seat pan, trimming away some excess foam:

Here is Rick cutting my basket-weave vinyl seat cover - all by hand - while the Busa sets waiting in the background:

And... the final result!!

<a href="http://www.heavybus.com/k8/photos/trips/MayerSeat1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">
MayerSeat1.jpg
</a>

Rick Mayer Cycle ==>  
beerchug.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

lurk.gif
that's great. I put over 32K on my '06 in less than 18 months. Rolling much slower with the '08

100_0926__Medium_.jpg

Just got back from the FJR National in Golden, Colorado....  passed over this K8 milestone on the way home:
Problems in the past 25,000 miles:

- only one problem.... lost the circlip retaining the shift lever on the selector rod (vibrated/broke off during high-speed runs in Nevada). That's it.... well, that, and I seem to have problems getting the rear tire to last....
cool.gif

I'm finally at home for the next 2-3 weeks until the next major series of rides begin. It's a good thing too... my K8 is in desperate need of some scheduled maintenance, and definitely could use some cosmetic TLC.  
crazy.gif
WOW 25k on the od
SHOCKED.gif
bowdown.gif
you put a new meaning to the phrase "LIVE TO RIDE"
super.gif
congrats man!.......you have to have one sore
moon.gif
BTW, hows the hemroid flare up's doing?
rofl.gif
no for real man GOOD JOB, glad to see the busa holding up well
kickass.gif

well I am draggin feet I guess, not even half the mileage in time.. (20K in 8 months of ride time)

Anyway, how did the Storm's do in the twisties? I am on the BT021 and really not that thrilled with them (front tire is toast at 5K, rear is still alive and kicking)

Anyway, how did the Storm's do in the twisties?  
They did exceptionally well in the twisties.... the dry grip is beyond outstanding!
thumb_up.gif
This is what makes the relatively long treadlife so remarkable.... one doesn't expect tires that grip this well to last too long.

And what is even more amazing: the wet grip is nothing short of phenomenal. This was also true with the predecessor tire, the Avon Azaro, but the Storm's wet grip is even superior to that tire. And that's saying something!

Then again, you would expect the Brits to know a thing or two about riding in the rain....
laugh.gif

Back