Serious K8 Milestone

Warchild

Banned
This road beast was bought in late Nov, 2007. A bad winter kept it off the road until last April, but it's been a different story since then.

This past weekend, I did another strike deep into northwest Nevada, riding the bike out on the Playa of the Black Rock Desert, located just northeast of Gerlach, Nevada:

Playa-ed_Busa_RTside.jpg

In hindsight... probably not a good idea, unless you are into cleaning... ???

Playa-ed_Busa_Rear_Wheel.jpg

Point of this post: on the way home on Sunday, I passed through another K8 milestone..... 30,000 miles!

30000_K8_Miles.jpg

Perhaps I'll do a write-up on this 30K milestone... it should make for a good read.... :beerchug:

Last edited:
Congrats!!!

Awesome achievement!!!

You should throw a party! :beerchug:

Hey...so I'm onboard for our venture to Reno...tell me you are, too!

My son and I have camped and explored the Black Rock desert on many occasions! I love it out there, you can go for days without seeing another person. I'll have to admit to never seeing a street motorcycle out there before..........you da man! :beerchug:
I'm between motorcycles right now (driving me insane) and hope the 09 busa I'm gonna buy as soon as they are available turns out half as reliable as yours obviously is! Congrats!

Not quite. :laugh:

Married, 8 children, and I work two jobs.

But with enough motivation/dedication, you can pull off most anything. :beerchug:
WHAT??

8 Kids... you are crazy... that's all there is too it :poke:

Only insane people ride that much... Or they have 8 kids... in which case they are insane :laugh:

Really though War, impressive racking of the miles. I thought you had 25k just a few days ago... I need to keep up.

:bowdown:

WOW! Amazing. And I thought I was doing well with 10,000 miles on mine. Still not back since I live in the "snow-belt"--between Buffalo & Rochester NY

WHAT??

8 Kids... you are crazy... that's all there is too it :poke:

Only insane people ride that much... Or they have 8 kids... in which case they are insane :laugh:

Likely enough, it's because I have eight children, that I ride so much! :laugh:

Really though War, impressive racking of the miles. I thought you had 25k just a few days ago...

Well... it was several weeks ago I was at 25K, around the beginning of August, IIRC. :beerchug:

Likely enough, it's because I have eight children, that I ride so much! :laugh:

Well... it was several weeks ago I was at 25K, around the beginning of August, IIRC. :beerchug:
Yeah, my stealership didn't believe that you and Scar had the kind of milage you do, so I had to send the pics of your Odo's. Of course now I will have to send a new one, cause they won't get it still...

I am their highest milage customer that I know of. I have 5k in just under 3 months... Waaaaaay behind you

Back