Representin' the K8!!!!!!!!!&#

Warchild

Banned
It is time.

All the work I have been doing to this K8, all the Endurance Riding mods I have done, all the training runs I've been doing the past 2 months... it ALL comes down to this upcoming weekend.

The Utah 1088 Endurance Rally takes off Saturday morning at 7:00AM. It is 26 non-stop hours in duration. Total mileage during the event will be well in excess of 1,500 miles.

I will be the sole Hayabusa on the Start Line.  
cool.gif

I don't expect to win the event on points, because my LASIK surgery several years ago did me no favors for night vision. I really can't move at rally speeds at night anymore, not enough to be competitive, anyway.

HOWEVER........... the Utah 1088 also recognizes and awards a category for the rider obtaining the Highest Mileage during the event.

It is my intention to put the 2008 Hayabusa at the top of the podium for Highest Mileage category. First Place...... nothing else will do.

The final, 11th-hour mod was a Ram Mount for the GPSIII+... the cockpit is starting to get a pinch crowded.... here's what it looks like this morning:

cockpit.jpg

A ==> Heat-Troller, located immediately adjacent the non-throttle hand for quick easy fine-tuning of the Warm-N-Safe heated liner.
B ==> Pro-Oiler control module. This is what allows Endurance Riding on chain-drive motorcycles without a centerstand. I never, ever have to concern myself with lubing the chain. The oil reservoir is fairly large (400ml) and is good for 3000-4000 miles between fill-ups.
C ==> GPSIII+, a fairly dated GPS - over 9 years old - that still works for my needs.
D ==> Valentine One Remote Display. 'Nuff said.
E ==> Datel Voltmeter, deadly accurate, allows me to husband the electrical system at night, when I need both lights and heated clothing concurrently.

Wish me luck, dudes! I'll represent for us...... most definitely.  
cool.gif

cool.gif

FIRST PLACE, WARCHILD.

NOTHING ELSE WILL SUFFICE.

GOD SPEED!

thumb_up.gif
good luck and good riding. I have done only 750 miles in 12 hours, just half of what you are planning. to go longer I would need something besides the stock seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the highest milage award is for mpg right? I averaged 55-56 on that trip, good luck
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

are those  extra headlights up there?
Ooooooh, yes.... those are Hella Micro DE HID Driving Lamps. These bad boyz throw out a ginormous amount of light, particularly considering their size.

HeadOn.jpg

The lamp body is fabricated from lightweight magnesium, and throws a 4300K beamcast over 1/4 mile down the road..... these babies are most definitely The $hit to have if you want to stay alive when running through heavy deer country at night....

MicroDE_RtQtr.jpg

Back