Galfer wear rate on the K8.....

Warchild

Banned
Hmmmmm.... I've been running Galfer Wave rotors and their HH pads for many, many years now, on many different bikes, for countless tens of thousands of miles....

And never have I had them wear as fast as they appear to be wearing on this K8.... of the 4 pads I pulled after just 13,000 miles of use, this left inner pad seen below had the *most* material remaining.... the other three looked worse!
rock.gif
I am holding it next to a relatively new stock pad for comparison purposes:

13,000mileHH_thicker-inner__vs_stockPads.jpg

Top pad is the Galfer HH with 13,000 miles on it, bottom is an OEM Suzuki brake pad with maybe 1000 miles on it.

13,000mileHH_vs_stockPads.jpg

While I still have some amount of miles to go before these pads are completely toast, I depart for the Start Line of the Utah 1088 Endurance Rally this coming Wednesday evening. Between traveling to/from Utah, plus the mileage I'll accumulate during the event itself, I'll likely do well over 3000+ miles just that weekend itself, and I do NOT want to be sweating my brakes during this competition.

So these Galfer pads are outta here; I'll run with the stock pads for this event.

My back pads on my Gen1, were toast after 9,000 miles. My front still have some life. I got about 20,000 out of my Honda's pads. I do use my back breaks but did not think I used them that much.

or just dont brake
laugh.gif
I actually do quite a bit of engine braking, and I figured they may be why I tend to average a good 15K-20K of Galfer HH brake pad lifespan on my other bikes.

This shorter lifespan on the K8 just caught me a bit off guard. And after my recent little BT-015 adventure, I ain't chancing nuthin'...
sadnews.gif
so, I tossed 'em and slipped in the stockers for now.

Back