Just wanted to introduce myself...

HeloMech74

Registered
Hey everyone, figured I would finally post an introduction in the newbie's forum. I have been lurking on this site for quite some time and finally joined at the end of last year. The name is James and I am a busaholic
smile.gif
Seriously though, I work in Iraq as a DOD contractor and only get to enjoy the toys every 6 months. I got home last week for a small break from the desert and get to enjoy the new Busa in the garage.

I bought a used 05 LE Busa back in December from a member here on the .org and have been waiting to get home and see it in person. I was blown away at how clean the bike was. It had a hair over 7400 miles on it and it was bone stock other than a few appearance/comfort items. I haven't ridden in almost 6 years so, I was in for a real treat. When I took it for the maiden voyage (with me) I was blown away by the midrange rush of power that this bike has. I could tell I was a bit rusty, and the bike was certainly in dire need of a suspension adjustment for me. It pushed hard through turns, and it felt like a tank to move around, but damn the power was a rush. The last bike I owned as a Ducati 916 so there is a big difference in riding characteristics. Once I got back into the garage, I started to fiddle with the suspension settings and discovered that the bike is way undersprung from the factory. So, it looks like a rebuild is in order front and rear. I am going to let HPC take care of all of that when I get back from Iraq for good.

Currently the bike is in the garage up on stands and ripped apart. I am in the process of installing a new Tsukigi Spec II Full exhaust, PCIII USB, Small airbox mod, short stacks, Piper cross filter and some other odds and ends. I know everyone loves pics, so I will get some when the bike is done hopefully tomorrow some time. I'm also going to do a total detail on it as well. Along with oil and filter change, and clean/lube the chain.

I look forward to many years here on the board and maybe getting together for some local or regional rides.

Welcome to the board bro!
beerchug.gif

Hope you enjoy, there are LOT's of great people on here. "It's like a BIG family to ME."

Anyway, stick around man and glad to have ya here.
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

BTW, hope you enjoy your bike too bro. "Sound's like you and the bike are gonna get along JUST FINE."
beerchug.gif

Ride safe.
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

sounds like she will be awesome when u get her back together.
stay safe in iraq.
we might have to ride one day, your not too far from me in clarksville.

Great way to spend that small break, huh?
biggrin.gif
Keep your head down over there. Congrats and welcome!

Welcome aboard HeloMech! Thanks again for the saddle and tail bag deal! I'm anxiously awaiting them from fedex... should be here tomorrow! Just in time to because i have to go TDY to San Antonio next month for 6 weeks so i should get some use out of them!

Thanks for all the welcome's. I look forward to lots of good times here.

Time to get back to the bike. I have all the old exhaust off, and I'm in the process of installing the new one. I had one issue removing the OEM stuff, the little bolt that holds up the rear of the factory header/crosspipes. It stripped out, so I needed to break out the cutting torch to get it off. No big deal though, the rest of it came apart no big deal. I also need to get busy doing the airbox mod as well.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the site. And I know about those 6 months deals, up until 1 year ago I was doing the same. But was in Africa
beerchug.gif

(thepushercg @ Apr. 11 2007,03:26) sounds like she will be awesome when u get her back together.
stay safe in iraq.
we might have to ride one day, your not too far from me in clarksville.
Where abouts are you in the area? I would like to eventually get together with other riders and hang out or take a trip or something. I need to polish up the riding skills for now since I am a little rusty, it's coming back to me though. It seems there is a whole new learning curve with this bike since it has so much midrange grunt. I love it though.
smile.gif

Back