Just think I use to be scared of snakes

ditchdr

Registered
Was doing a little tree fertilizing today when I was attacked by a forest creature.
He came out of no where, and it was un provoked. EMS was called, and I think there were in on the attack.. But lucky for us I have a step by step photo story of the entire event

In photo 1 we see the mean, killer, eyeing me. He is looking me up and down, just waiting for his chance.

Squirrel1.jpg

In pic 2 we see him trying to knock me off my feet by running around in circles

Squirrel2.jpg

In pic 3 we see that the wild animal has given up on trying to knock me down to his level and gone in for the attack.

Squirrel5.jpg

Here in pic 4 you can see the fury in his eyes, yes man is the Alpha animal, but this guy was hell bent on proving that wrong.

Squirrel6.jpg

Here in pic 5 you can see our forest creature trying to eat my hand off. No doubt it is a skill taught by monkeys

Squirrel4.jpg

After putting me in the sleeper hold, this guy jumps off me and back onto the tree. I swear I heard him call me a "mommas boy" as he left.

Squirrel3.jpg

But to be serious, this was a cool sqirull. He sat on my shoulder the entire time I was in the yard working. I talked to the home owner and she has been taking care of them ( she is a vet) since her dogs killed mom.. He has a bother there also, but he does not like to be held.

Good stuff! I used to have a flying squirrel that was injured and made his way in through the dog door. They're neat little things. :thumbsup:

That is pretty cool that you were able to do something like this while working. My grandmother, that just passed away, used to raise orphaned and injured squirrels and raccoons. They are pretty funny creatures and have peculiar traits when they get comfortable around people.

That is too cool! It reminds me of a girl I used to date in high school. She had one of those flying squirrels. Man that thing freaked me out the first time I came in her home and it leaped from the top of the curtains and did a glide across the living room to the hallway. I grabbed a broom and went after it thinking it was a bat or something. Man, my girlfriend freaked out to say the least! It was quite a dramatic way to meet her parents. :laugh:

She came to school one day upset saying it had drown in the toilet. Man, what a way to die. She said someone left the seat up. I remembering thinking man I hope it wasn't me. :whistle:

used to have a Squirell that would come and take peanuts from my hands at the old home I lived.
He was cool.

Neat little guy...

How I ever shot those things with my pellet rifle I will never know...
Forgive me for I knew not what I was doing...

That is crazy ditchdr.....I have never seen one so willingly approach a person like that before...let alone let you pick 'em up :goodboy:

Cool pics!

Back