Just rode the Busa home...1st impressions

I like the comparison. It helps me especially since I am about to get a new Busa pretty soon. If it were me though I would have spun right around and told those bee's with itches to fill that badboy up and tighten that dang chain!
biggrin.gif

I rode XX about 200 mi today....half of them twisties. That bike is tough to beat...it's so freakin' smooth but sounds mean all the same with the way I have it set up. I actually don't mind that the Busa is a little "rougher" than the XX and not as silky smooth. If it's reliable and I don't little #### going wrong all the time....that's all good to me.......I like the contrast. If things start breaking.....that's when I'll start getting pissed for sure.

Didn't notice the chain until I got home. My own fault...got caught up in the "about to ride new Busa home moment" which resulted in me having the DELUSION that the dealer actually checks stuff and gives a rat's ass about you or your bike once they have your check....which of course....they do not.

Funny thing was they asked me to PLEASE ride down the sidewalk 40 ft instead of taking a right into the "busy" street as they've had guys ride out on new bikes and get hit by cars.  Told them thx but I'll be ok and then they said PLEASE take the sidewalk??  Then I asked them that if I run over a nail or glass and need a new tire, would they be happy to replace at no charge?  They just laughed at that one....as did I......as I pulled out into the street.  What a dichotomy....love motorcycles....good time HATE dealers.

<!--EDIT|skater69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127085513 -->

Ok...first of all, my POS digital camera still doesn't like my mostly recharged batteries so I couldn't get it stay on long enough for a pic.....I WILL post one tomorrow or later.

Only rode 35 mi from the dealer home on the Busa...b/c forgot to insure it yesterday and can't do until Mon.  Yosh pipes, Heli's and PCIII already installed by shop next to the dealer.  Rode it mostly highway home...fluctuated RPM's alot...downshifting...etc.
Initial impressions:
Pros-great engine, good suspension...soaks up bumps better than my XX (even w/Ohlins springs), stable, comfortable....better seat than my XX
Cons-
-pegs get pretty buzzy on the hwy usually only when accelerating but still noticeably more than my XX

-Could have sworn the engine surged as I ripped through the gears entering the freeway.  Did it 2 or 3 times.  The shop that installed the PCIII said they did a custom map on the bike and since it I couldn't get the bike to surge again, maybe as I put some miles on it....this will iron itself out...only have 42 mi total.....picked it up w/8.

That's about the only negatives really.  

Intangibles
-Busa has more torque than my XX does....hits the power band a little quicker and the XX's engine does feel smoother.....not a huge difference here but the XX engine is one smooth puppy.

-Yosh pipes good on the Busa...but....the Scorpions on the XX sound better.

-I need more saddle time on the Busa obviously but the XX feels more refined....maybe a bit better put together or polished......this could be a good thing or a bad thing....more mi on the Busa should tell the story.

Some thoughtfulness from the dealer:
As I drove off w/my new bike the fuel guage was on E w/light on.  Hey you think since I just spend over $10K, they could have left me with maybe 1 gallon of gas?  

Brought it home and couldn't believe how loose the chain was.  Wonder if that was the cause of some of extra vibes in the pegs....so time to tighten it up some.

As far as the speed difference? So far it's negliglible.  The Busa doesn't need to be spun up quite as much as the XX to get going but once up to speed, I can tell little difference.  The XX is broken in and has a pcIII...etc.  Right now I can tell no real difference in power.

Now once my damn batteries recharge, I can post pics!
You're gonna feel a big increase in power once you get 750 or so miles on it...its gonna rev alot free'r and pull harder everywhere, and that trend will continue for a couple thousand miles. It pulls absolutely crazy hard in the triple digits. Enjoy
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Congrats! 8 miles on the odometer, low gas and loose chain when you picked it up? Suspicious dealer you have there! New bikes usually have about 1/3 tank of gas from the factory and chains that are more on the tight side rather than being loose and no more than 1 mile on the odometer. Some A'hole had a good time at your expense!

Couple of things:

A. you should have bought a stock bike and rode it just like that until it was broken in because
the Busa is a great bike in the stock form.
B. A full exhaust would have been the better way to go..pull the PAIR and get a Dyno tune as well.

....I rarely ever need to go over 7K rpm and if I do it's in the twisties. Just hope the peg vibes calm down as it was a little annoying. [/QUOTE]
Ive ridden with an XX before and it has nothing on the Busa for speed...you said you rarely go
over 7K? Then you chose the wrong bike...you should have just stayed with your XX.
The Busa dont wake up until 7K....7-10,500 is where the Busa does her stuff.

The peg vibrations are normal but who know how screwed your fuel map is since you let a dealer do it....meanwhile ,dont wear tennis shoes.

Couple of things:

A. you should have bought a stock bike and rode it just like that until it was broken in because
the Busa is a great bike in the stock form.
B. A full exhaust would have been the better way to go..pull the PAIR and get a Dyno tune as well.

....I rarely ever need to go over 7K rpm and if I do it's in the twisties.  Just hope the peg vibes calm down as it was a little annoying.
Ive ridden with an XX before and it has nothing on the Busa for speed...you said you rarely go
over 7K?  Then you chose the wrong bike...you should have just stayed with your XX.
The Busa dont wake up until 7K....7-10,500 is where the Busa does her stuff.

The peg vibrations are normal but who know how screwed your fuel map is since you let a dealer do it....meanwhile ,dont wear tennis shoes.[/QUOTE]
Dealer didn't do the map.  Hypersports (custom speed shop) did as I mentioned earlier and I have the dyno charts.  As far as the chain goes.....heard of other guys getting it home too loose as well.
As far as speed goes, I haven't taken the Busa above 6K yet in the first 60 mi.....figure I'd break her in a little bit. Whereas the XX is fully broken in and has a PCIII and exhaust and right "now" feels a bit quicker probably b/c of that.

<!--EDIT|skater69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127141237 -->

I rode XX about 200 mi today....half of them twisties.  That bike is tough to beat...it's so freakin' smooth but sounds mean all the same with the way I have it set up.  I actually don't mind that the Busa is a little "rougher" than the XX and not as silky smooth.
I never rode a XX so I wouldn't know how smooth it is.  I know my ZX12R was damn smooth.  It sounds to me though that the XX was a good fitting bike for you.  I am curious as to why you decided to move to a Busa?  
rock.gif

Keeping my XX....had an XX and a GL1800 Wing....g/f and I split up...never rode the Wing anymore.....got bored with it. Like having 2 bikes...love the XX's power......can't get another in US...decided to get a Busa as a 2nd ride. Don't really "need" 2 bikes.....but whatyagonnado?

Rode the Busa to work today. Felt good...only complaint is a lot of peg buzz at higher speeds....have a pcIII and exhaust. I can deal w/the buzzy pegs but a 200mi trip would be a foot tingly experience I imagine.

I never got foot buzz on my ZX12R, or any vibration for that matter. My Kawi also has foot pegs with rubber on top--I think that really cut down any buzz. I think when I get my Busa I am going to get rubber grip foot pegs for her and see what's what.

You cant even begin to compare it to the Bbird, or anything for that matter, until its broken in and you are able to go over 6k rpms.

Under 6k its like any other bike - unless youre in 5th or 6th..

Wait till you can ride it in the upper range and you will see its got WAAAAy more legs than the XX.

Congrats.
That was my first though exactly when i read this was how can anyone compare a 35 mile bike to one thats totally broke in? You need to get the busa broke in and really twist that throttle hard in about a 5,000 rpm range or so and THEN tell us all about what kind of power it has.

Both are great bikes . I don't have any peg vibs on ethier of my busas.

My only nagging complaint about the Busa so far is the footpeg vibration.  I get plenty of it at varying rpms....to the point where I would think a 200 mi ride would render my feet numb. And I do wear pretty sturdy riding boots.  I'm  guessing that's the sort of thing that doesn't go away over time but maybe it will.  I rode the XX to work today and it has virtually zero peg vibes at all...there's definitely a noticeable difference.

<!--EDIT|skater69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127497388 -->

My only nagging complaint about the Busa so far is the footpeg vibration.  I get plenty of it at varying rpms....to the point where I would think a 200 mi ride would render my feet numb. And I do wear pretty sturdy riding boots.  I'm  guessing that's the sort of thing that doesn't go away over time but maybe it will.  I rode the XX to work today and it has virtually zero peg vibes at all...there's definitely a noticeable difference.
Chain tension makes a BIG diff in the vibes...if your getting excess vibes your chains prolly too loose. Set it by the book and vibes shouldn't be a prob.

Back