Just rode the Busa home...1st impressions

skater69

Registered
Ok...first of all, my POS digital camera still doesn't like my mostly recharged batteries so I couldn't get it stay on long enough for a pic.....I WILL post one tomorrow or later.

Only rode 35 mi from the dealer home on the Busa...b/c forgot to insure it yesterday and can't do until Mon.  Yosh pipes, Heli's and PCIII already installed by shop next to the dealer.  Rode it mostly highway home...fluctuated RPM's alot...downshifting...etc.
Initial impressions:
Pros-great engine, good suspension...soaks up bumps better than my XX (even w/Ohlins springs), stable, comfortable....better seat than my XX
Cons-
-pegs get pretty buzzy on the hwy usually only when accelerating but still noticeably more than my XX

-Could have sworn the engine surged as I ripped through the gears entering the freeway.  Did it 2 or 3 times.  The shop that installed the PCIII said they did a custom map on the bike and since it I couldn't get the bike to surge again, maybe as I put some miles on it....this will iron itself out...only have 42 mi total.....picked it up w/8.

That's about the only negatives really.  

Intangibles
-Busa has more torque than my XX does....hits the power band a little quicker and the XX's engine does feel smoother.....not a huge difference here but the XX engine is one smooth puppy.

-Yosh pipes good on the Busa...but....the Scorpions on the XX sound better.

-I need more saddle time on the Busa obviously but the XX feels more refined....maybe a bit better put together or polished......this could be a good thing or a bad thing....more mi on the Busa should tell the story.

Some thoughtfulness from the dealer:
As I drove off w/my new bike the fuel guage was on E w/light on.  Hey you think since I just spend over $10K, they could have left me with maybe 1 gallon of gas?  

Brought it home and couldn't believe how loose the chain was.  Wonder if that was the cause of some of extra vibes in the pegs....so time to tighten it up some.

As far as the speed difference? So far it's negliglible. The Busa doesn't need to be spun up quite as much as the XX to get going but once up to speed, I can tell little difference. The XX is broken in and has a pcIII...etc. Right now I can tell no real difference in power.

Now once my damn batteries recharge, I can post pics!

<!--EDIT|skater69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126999200 -->

Congrats on the new bike and thanks for the comparison. More miles will help you figure out some things.

if they didn't have a dyno, they didn't do squat but ripped you off.
eek2.gif

if they didn't have a dyno,  they didn't do squat but ripped you off.
eek2.gif
Quite aware.....wouldn't trust a shop to give me a "custom" map if they didn't have a dyno.

Shop that did it (Hypersports, Oceanside CA) has a dyno and is pretty well known in the area....all they do are sport bike mods. I got the dyno charts back...etc.

You cant even begin to compare it to the Bbird, or anything for that matter, until its broken in and you are able to go over 6k rpms.

Under 6k its like any other bike - unless youre in 5th or 6th..

Wait till you can ride it in the upper range and you will see its got WAAAAy more legs than the XX.

Congrats.

You cant even begin to compare it to the Bbird, or anything for that matter, until its broken in and you are able to go over 6k rpms.

Under 6k its like any other bike - unless youre in 5th or 6th..

Wait till you can ride it in the upper range and you will see its got WAAAAy more legs than the XX.

Congrats.
If you say so...... bikes like the Busa and XX are so fast as it is....I rarely ever need to go over 7K rpm and if I do it's in the twisties. Just hope the peg vibes calm down as it was a little annoying.

Congrats on the new Busa! Can't wait to hear a more in depth comparison once you get her broken in.
If you're getting some bad vibes in the pegs try adjusting the chain. Same experience as you, floppy chain when I got home and I doubt it stretched that much in 50 miles. Even had my low fuel light turn on 2 blocks from the dealer.
smile.gif

I like the comparison. It helps me especially since I am about to get a new Busa pretty soon. If it were me though I would have spun right around and told those bee's with itches to fill that badboy up and tighten that dang chain!
biggrin.gif

Back