Just ordered my new 05 busa

Big Sloppy

Donating Member
Registered
Yesterday I ordered my new silver and blue 2005 busa!!  Should be here on the 11th!  Is there any way to adjust the pegs and the gear shifter?  I'm 6'5" and I'm wondering if I'll be comfortable on extended trips.  Any other freak's of nature out there that can answer this for me?

2005_suz_gsx1300_a_3.jpg

No way to adjust the stock pegs. You would have to go with an aftermarket rearsets like Protek or Vortex to adjust them. Now, you can get some aftermarket pegs to give yourself some added room. Buell makes a set that will fit with slight modification, Protek makes a set or you can try and find a set of Gixxer pegs. Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the board. We love to see pics of bikes when members get them, so help us out a little!

I'll definitley post the pics!!

Any idea on what a mod like that would cost? And would there be any performance issues (like on tight turn or anything?)

I just added the Protek pegs (~ $55) to mine, but haven't had a chance to ride it yet. I don't think there will be any problems with them. The Buells (~ $28) and the Gixxer pegs (~ $50) shouldn't present any problems either, but you can do a search for them (search for 'Buell pegs', 'Gixxer pegs' or 'tall riders') to find out other info.

Congrats on the purchase. I am 6'4 and really have had no major problems with comfort other then my a$$ getting a little sore after a long day of riding. I would look into a double bubble wind screen too. Makes the gauges alot more visible for a tall rider. Welcome to the board.

Welcome! The peg mod can be done relatively easy but depending on how you ride it could scrape more often. I am 6'5" and lower pegs would be nice but I ride pretty agressively sometimes and can already get my size 11 to scrap when leaning good. New wind screen and some Corbin seat make a big difference in riding comfort!
smile.gif

Congrats on the new Busa, and welcome to the board. What part of VA do you live in? Keep an eye out for the Spring ride details...

Thanks for all the Reply's. I'm already looking into some new pegs and a double bubble windscreen and I the bike hasn't even come in yet.

I live in Lynchburg Virginia, so any of you fellow Virgins, uh I mean virgnians let me know of any rides. And whats Spring fling?

Congrats, I got my 05 blue & silver last month and I love it.
Blue & silver seem to be pretty popular here in Va.

Yeah, it was either that or the limited edition. And I just kinda dug the blue and silver. It should arrive today.(figures just about the time it starts getting cold again)

Welcome BIG,

Man that bike won't fit you right, Just send it my way
tounge.gif

Sweet bike man, love those colors.

<!--EDIT|crazzycowboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105635481 -->

Yeah, it was either that or the limited edition.  And I just kinda dug the blue and silver.  It should arrive today.(figures just about the time it starts getting cold again)
Yeah but you should at least get to do a little riddin today before it gets cold tonight.

Yeah, it was either that or the limited edition.  And I just kinda dug the blue and silver.  It should arrive today.(figures just about the time it starts getting cold again)
You won't even notice the cold once you climb on her! I got mine feb 20 last year and was riding around town here in Iowa when it was below 30 degrees.

Back