Just Installed The Switchbacks!

Strife

Donating Member
Registered
Just finished Moding my front turn signals! I have to say this is a very kewl Mod! To those not familiar with this mod... It basically turns your turn signals into White running lights and when you signal to turn it flashes from White to Yellow.

Switchback LED x2 = $45.98 TMD!
2 Chevy 1157 sockets = $12.82
Total Cost of $58.80 I already had stuff like the solder and connectors etc...

Sad thing is it's been raining out today so can't ride it around to enjoy it! though Ive made several trips into the garage to check it out! HAHA!

No pics of the process and only got one taken with a Camera Phone of it complete! Manage to get the Right turn signal on the first try. Even with the high flash rate!
Turnsignalmod.jpg

That thread is pretty much how I did mine with slight variation. If going the Chevy socket(Motormite 85830) route watch how the LED is going in the socket. Is very tight and had to shave/cut away some of the plastic. Problem was that the base of the LED is very wide. Not much was removed. Just watch when inserting the bulb. Don't need to apply to much pressure. I also cut slots into the light housing to match the Chevy socket. However I can still go back original socket no problem. Trimmed the foam spacers that came with the sockets I bought also.

Back