Just installed The SRi-500 alarm.

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
I got the alarm today,and decided to install it. It took about an hour and a half to complete. I chose to remove my tail section and wire tie all connections. I mounted the alarm on the side of the under tray on the right side in between the subframe tubing. The kit came with velcro and wire ties. The only thing to do was plug everything in and tap into your rear three pin brake/turn signal plug (harness was included) and your l/r turn signals. I haven't installed the ignition kill yet (I am unsure about the method of installation).

I must say the initial quality of the alarm is excellent. The plug in connections are all weather proof and simalar to the PC3r's connectors. After programming the system I decided to test it. The alarm detected shock and perimeter sensing very well. I disabled the perimeter sensor to test the "tilt" feature and it also worked well. I also disconnected the power source to the alarm and it still transmitted a signal that the "back up" feature was enabled. Finnally I decided to test the range on the transmitter. I armed the system and went for a walk outside, I could not get the transmitter out of range. I then got in my car and drove down the street. I was atleast a 1/4 mi away and had a friend trip the alarm, I was instantly notified by a audiable chrip and vibration trough my remote.

I was a bit skeptical about adding on something that didn't make my bike faster or lighter, and I almost talked myself out of even putting it on the Busa, but after seeing it in person and seeing how it works I would recommend it to anyone who has a cycle.

Sounds like a good set-up, especially with the correct connectors. Nice to know the range is good as advertised.

If you don't mind, what was the cost and is there a site I can check out?

Thanks for the review! Sounds like a pretty tight system.

Dan
egitarre77.gif

Thanks for the input, I ordered mine and am waiting to put the fairings and all of the chrome stuff on anyways, so I won't have to take all of the stuff off to do it. Sounds like a really good alarm.

Small tid bit. the "output" wire that flashes the lights... Hook a relay to it and hook it to your HORN. It will then honk your horn with it triggers. Added sounds. I have air horns so that should be nwice!

Great news . mine is in the box waiting to be installed . Icemann how can I wire a relay in the output to add the horn. Can you draw it out for electroidiots like me please .
biggrin.gif

Hey Iceman have you installed the ign. kill switch? if so give me some details on how and where u installed it, please. I am installing mine now and if it wont reach the fuse box for the neg. side of the kill switch.

Back