Scorpio Alarm Installation Question

tinmann840

Registered
I just bought a scorpio alarm . The SRi-500 and it installed fairly easy but the turn signals don't flash when I arm and disarm the system . I bought the factory connector but by bike has an aftermarket Topgun undertail . Is there a work around for this problem . Is the undertail acutally the problem ? It does have LEDs instead of bulbs .The turn signal and hazards work fine The alarm works great other than that . Man talk about loud .

Hey bro

Had a scorpio,removed it when I installed my topgun last week!!!!!!!,had to have it for my old insurance company!!,about your question,I assume that it chirps when arming?,if so start your search by using a test light when arming and see if there is power going to sigs,while we are on the scorpio subject,there were some posts of guys having a problem of anti-hijack feature of alarm affecting top end rpm,this is why I disco'd mine too,any problems I'd be glad to help

I'd check to see if your harness has the lights integrated properly.... probably have to trace the wires back. Does the tail light flash?

I had a custom tail light installed, so what I did, I took a V-meter, turned the blinker on (one at a time - left, then right), and found each wire that had voltage pulsate in sync with the turn light. That's the wires you have to use.

(arairon @ Oct. 20 2006,06:50) Hey bro

Had a scorpio,removed it when I installed my topgun last week!!!!!!!,had to have it for my old insurance company!!,about your question,I assume that it chirps when arming?,if so start your search by using a test light when arming and see if there is power going to sigs,while we are on the scorpio subject,there were some posts of guys having a problem of anti-hijack feature of alarm affecting top end rpm,this is why I disco'd mine too,any problems I'd be glad to help
where did you hear about the high rpm problem ? id like to get some more info on this problem?
rock.gif

No the tail lights don't flash at all . I used the factory connector that are supposed to be plug and play . The alarm works fine and all the lights work . I guess its no real big deal it just bothers me when something doesn't work as stated in the manual. I'll check the part number with Scorpio to make sure I have the correct harness.

I'll try to get a pic later today of mine with the TG undertail. The turn signals work fine, in fact they were tested last night. Kinda cool!
biggrin.gif

I'm having the same problem. Lights dont flash with the alarm.

did you tap into the blinker wires?, it is th eonly thing I had to tap into...the rest was just plug in.
Did you get the Hayabusa wirin harness or use the one supplied?

I finally figured it out. I went out after I posted and studied the wires. That's when I saw the 2 loose wires sticking out from the harness. I tapped into the tail light wires. However, only one of them went to the rear light, none would work the turn signals. At least something flashes now. :)

I finally figured it out. I went out after I posted and studied the wires. That's when I saw the 2 loose wires sticking out from the harness. I tapped into the tail light wires. However, only one of them went to the rear light, none would work the turn signals. At least something flashes now. :)

they wont work the turn signals....they just make them flash on arming/disarming and going off.

Back