Just got the Big Red Jack. 1500lbs motorcycle Jack

CoolRider

Registered
I’m a fairly new member here and have tried searching the site for jack/stand threads.  This being my first bike without a center stand, I figured I would eventually need to get her up in the air.  I didn’t see any threads that mentioned an actual “jack†so thought I’d throw in my experience.  I just picked it up a few weeks ago and have found it’s pretty darn easy to use.  Especially as you can hold the bike up with both hands and use the foot pump to actually lift it.  

I was a bit hesitant to spend the big bucks on Pitbulls or other stands after reading about how it is a bit tricky to do it by yourself.  (Though I’ll probably get some for winter storage)  But, can you beat $69 for a 1500lbs jack?

It lifts/raises almost two feet, but I’ve only put the bike up a few inches a handful of times.  Basically just to get the back wheel off the ground and essentially for much needed chain cleanin’ and lubin’.  The jack does weigh about 75lbs, so if you’ve got a garage or are just one of them hulking riders that can lug it to and from the house it might come in handy.

I’ve taken a couple of pics.

Please let me know if you have any questions or advice on this!
Take care and ride safe!

Jack_right_side.JPG

Where are you placing the jack pads? I would be concerned about crushing a pipe or breaking my plastics.

Where are you placing the jack pads? I would be concerned about crushing a pipe or breaking my plastics.
One of the pads does go on the pipes and the other under the bolted section of the belly wing.  The bolts seem to go into the frame and certailnly appear to be supporting the weight rather than the plastic itself.  I don't put the jack too far forward to avoid the right and left side fairings.  I can't say I know a lot about the physics of pipes, jacks, enough pressure to crush 'em or the integrity of the metal that repeated use might reshape them...but....so far so good.....

jack Stands and rear spools.  $8.95 per stand and they hold 2300lbs per tand.  Place the stand under spool on the right side of the bike ad then push up and place the other (left stand) unde the left spool.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088538978 -->

I have one those lifts with the adapter plate that I use to lift my cruiser bike. I wouldn't even think of trying to use it to lift my Busa though. A cheap rear stand would be the same price, and a Pitbull stand only $30 more then that lift and safer.

I bought an Air Table Lift early this year to make it easier to work on my bikes.

Table_lift.jpg

Oh and to get your bike on a rear stand easy, just slip a chunk of 2X4 under the sidestand first... Then get your rear stand back there and hoist away. The sidestand sitting on the 2X4 brings things much closer to center and helps make it a real simple one person job...

I don't like the Jack... Not on a SportBike Bro... Looks like a bad thing waiting to happen... Pipes and mounts are not meant to hold the weight of the bike... I dunno... Creepy...

Thanks.
smile.gif

I got four bikes and it saves on lower back pain not having to bend down while doing repairs, cleaning, and maintenance.

Back