QUESTION

Qweevox

Registered
Hi all…I’m new here.

I was looking at buying a Hayabusa. There are so many good low mileage bikes around for $2-4,000 below MSRP doesn’t it make sense to pick up one of those instead of buying new? From what I’ve read there is little difference between the years. Except I think I read that the O5’s became a bit heavier. What do you think? I can afford to buy the new bike, but why? Don’t these bikes hold up pretty well?

Thanks!

Find one you like and get all the info and come here and post it we will help you.The 2-4k below msrp is good if it's been taken care of ,Ohh and Welcome.

Welcome to the board!

By the simple fact that you asked that question in the first place I think you'd be better off buying used. Some riders are really picky about knowing exactly how the bike has been ridden from mile 1 and refuse to buy anything other than something brand new. I'm in the same camp as you; if it looks like it has been well taken care of, buy a used one and save the dough. I wouldn't advise buying one from a young kid who no doubt abused the bike, ignored servicing it, etc, but if you get one from somebody who took good care of it you should have no problems at all.

smile.gif
smile.gif
W E L C O M E
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

I was going to buy used... but had a difficult time finding the necassery trust in the seller... So I bit the bullet and went new... Good luck and welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome!  I agree about knowing a bikes history, it's just that there are sooooo many low mileage "mint" looking Busa's out there.  I think a lot of riders get one and find out it's too much bike for them.  Good for a nice secondary market!  Again thanks for the warm welcome and the advice!
smile.gif

My first bike was used, I got a new 05 Busa just cause I have never bought any of my vehicles new. Felt kinda nice having been the first to own something. I will probably go used next time but I had to do it at least once.
The 05's aren't heavier. They still have the aluminum frame which at one time I had heard they went to steel, but they didn't.
Later
Welcome

Back