407 miles later, need advise

Highlander

Donating Member
Registered
Thanks to all for the warm welcome! This group is a gold mine of knowledge. Sure to save me time and money avoiding mistakes. I need to purchase a set of stands, and I’m looking at the Redline industrial. Good price from site sponsor, but will I be happy with them, or wish I spent more for a better set? I see sliders and spools available for the swing arm, and assume sliders would be best for protection of the swing arm.  Am I
right?
I’ve read the threads on frame slider installation, and have that planned for the very near future.
Only 407 miles? It rained so much the first 10 days, I wanted to kill the weatherman, and the last week has been near a 100 freakin degrees! But I’ll be running the mountains from dawn til early afternoon tomorrow and Sunday, and be ready for the 600 mile service next week.
First impressions: I had never rode a Busa til I was leaving the dealership. Cycle rag reviews and the looks made me want one bad. At first it felt awkward and difficult to maneuver, at very low speeds.  But once it got rolling, what a pleasure to drive. The handling is beautiful, the braking power is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced, and even with the limited rpm and throttle during break in, the acceleration is a rush! Yeah, I love this bike. It’s gonna be a long term relationship.
biggrin.gif

LadyHawk:†I think that's a nice bike.. can't quite tell as those reflectors are blinding me..â€
  <span style='color:red'>I’m working on that! Got a few stickers off already.</span>
Darrgo: now get a Tshirt
<span style='color:red'>I’m getting 2, one for the wife, and will be a donating member. I’ve already benefited so much from this great group of people.</span>
Raybusa0818: Hey dude...there are several of us around N.GA and SE TN.  I'm kind of both...live in TN work in GA. We gather at Nightfall in Chattanooga on Friday nights...check us out.
  <span style='color:red'>I’d love to! Bout 2 and a half hour ride from here. Fridays would be difficult, but not impossible.</span>

You will not be disappointed with the Redline stands. I have the industrial front and rear and I love them. I have seen a lot of other brands including Pitbull and the Redlines do not come up short against any of them. Ian makes a great product and stands behind them. Get the spools not the sliders.

Try the Cycle Cat rear stand. You'll be thrilled with it. UCS-1, I believe is what it's called. Got one for the wiff so I don't have to be there all the time to save her bike from falling!

Now, lifting her bike is a one-handed process!

Only disadvantage is, it's about $225 or $250. Worth it, though.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Last edited by a moderator:
Redline makes a first rate stand and is a site sponsor
beerchug.gif
pic of my bike on the commercial version

IMG_0778__Medium_.JPG

I've got the redline industrial stands and love them. I purchased the spools vs. sliders, but that's a personal choice.

beerchug.gif

you will not be diappointed with the redline or any other reputable stand. Just make sure you can lift it by yourself and it secures your bike so it dont fall over or off.

I have a redline front and a pitbull (forward facing) rear stand.

Redline is the way to go. I love mine. I need a front stand now though. Group buy with me and Highlander here? LOL. J/K

i was looking at some cheapies off ebay, but when you think of the investment in the bike, its not worth it ..... and they're a site sponsor

(PJ267 @ Aug. 22 2007,14:01) Dumb question, I know what spools are (thread under the swingarm) but what are sliders?  Thanks
The mount near the middle of the bike to help in a tip over

Slider3__Small_.JPG

(PJ267 @ Aug. 22 2007,15:01) Dumb question, I know what spools are (thread under the swingarm) but what are sliders? Thanks
No the sliders attach to the swingarm just like the spools, they're called swingarm sliders. With the mufflers back there I didn't see the need.
wink.gif

Back