Automatic blinker shut-offs

AZTECWARRIOR

Registered
I’ve rode Harleys & Yamahas cruisers with automatic turn signal “turn-offsâ€.  I’m used to this & I’ll forget that annoying “extra thumb reach†after a turn.  I feel like an idiot trying to look cool when my blinkers are going off.  Worst yet, this can be dangerous sending false intention to the cagers. I really hate this because my other bikes have spoiled me. Beyond gettin' my head out my arse & remembering just to shut my $hit off, is there something I can modify or adjust?

<!--EDIT|AZTECWARRIOR
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083946813 -->

I got tired of riding around with my blinkers on too, so I put together a simple little piezo horn that beeps while the blinkers are on. I can hear it up to 70mph. Another nice thing about it is that it's loud, and when you're at intersections (when you're the most vulnerable), close cars can hear it.

It's basically a simple circuit that I put into a small plastic project enclosure
(10mm X 25mm X 40mm). It has two wires that connect to the the hots on each of the blinkers.

Costs about $4, and if you can do basic soldering, you're good to go. I mounted my box in the nose with some velcro.

I can dig out the instructions if you like. PM me if you're interested. It isn't automatic like some I've seen, but it's cheap.

Great idea!
idea.gif

Back