Just got my green belt

Congrats bro!!! You know, I remember when I got my black belt... I found a leather one at a yard sale.
tounge.gif
Get it?! HAHAHAHaaaa... yeah... any who, congrats dude, I've always wanted to learn the Martial Arts. Been interested in Wing Chun for a while now.

Thanks all. Vincent nailed it. MCMAP is pretty much the current hand to hand combat that exists in Marine Corps doctrine and has pulled from everything it seems like (including some stuff that looks like it is straight out of the WWE!) For the Marines on the board, we all learn some form of Hand to Hand techniques - when I went to Boot Camp it was the old LINE training. The current system runs Tan belt through Gray, Green, Brown and then Black (up to sixth degree). For me, the real accomplishment was resisting the urge to not get this done - I could have skated through retirement without ever putting forth the effort. The problem that I was having is that skating along and skirting requirements is poor leadership in the extreme.

Man, I will kick your a$$! jk, Congrats man! I have taken some classes before, but I think I forgot most of it because I never use it. I could be wrong, but hopefully I never find out. I am more of a defensive type of guy, not the one trying to hurt people.

Congratts Bro. Ive been doing Kenpo/Taekwondo for about 15 years. I used to teach Kenpo but I will tell ya its much harder the older you get but never give up.

cool.gif

glad to see you didn't skate by!
life is worth living, not watching others live
that's kicka$$ your not living thru someone else's life

keep it up bro
cool.gif

cool.gif

Back