Marines - listen up!

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
To all who shall see these resents, greetings. Know ye that in accordance with the will of the 13th Commandant, as published in the United States Marine Corps Manual, edition of 1921, the following message is republished and followed by a mesage from our current Commandant:

The following will be read to the command on the 10th of November, 1921, and hereafter on the 10th of November of every year. Should the order not be received by the 10th of November, 1921, it will be read upon receipt.

(1) On November 10, 1775, a Corps of Marines was created by a resolution of Continental Congress. Since that date many thousand men have borne the name "Marine". In memory of them it is fitting that we who are Marines should commemorate the birthday of our corps by calling to mind the glories of its long and illustrious history.

(2) The record of our corps is one which will bear comparison with that of the most famous military organizations in the world's history. During 90 of the 146 years of its existence the Marine Corps has been in action against the Nation's foes. From the Battle of Trenton to the Argonne, Marines have won foremost honors in war, and is the long eras of tranquility at home, generation after generation of Marines have grown gray in war in both hemispheres and in every corner of the seven seas, that our country and its citizens might enjoy peace and security.

(3) In every battle and skirmish since the birth of our corps, Marines have acquitted themselves with the greatest distinction, winning new honors on each occasion until the term "Marine" has come to signify all that is highest in military efficiency and soldierly virtue.

(4) This high name of distinction and soldierly repute we who are Marines today have received from those who preceded us in the corps. With it we have also received from them the eternal spirit which has animated our corps from generation to generation and has been the distinguishing mark of the Marines in every age. So long as that spirit continues to flourish Marines will be found equal to every emergency in the future as they have been in the past, and the men of our Nation will regard us as worthy successors to the long line of illustrious men who have served as "Soldiers of the Sea" since the founding of the Corps.

John A. Lejeune,
Major General Commandant

75705-21

ON NOVEMBER 10TH, 1775, OUR CORPS WAS BORN AS THE CONTINENTAL CONGRESS RAISED THE "FIRST AND SECOND BATTALIONS OF AMERICAN MARINES." EACH YEAR AS WE CELEBRATE OUR BIRTHDAY, WE PAUSE TO REFLECT ON THE MARINES OF YESTERYEAR WHO FOUGHT IN OUR TOUCHSTONE BATTLES AND
FORGED THE MODERN MARINE CORPS WITH THEIR COURAGE, INTEGRITY, AND UNDYING COMMITMENT TO THEIR FELLOW MARINES. EACH OF OUR STORIED BATTLES IS A LINK IN THE LONG CHAIN THAT BINDS ALL MARINES TOGETHER-FROM THE CONTINENTAL MARINES AT BUNKER HILL TO THE TEUFELHUNDEN CROSSING THE
WHEAT FIELDS OF BELLEAU WOOD. THIS CHAIN BINDS US TO THE MARINES ON THE CREST OF MOUNT SURIBACHI; IT PASSES THROUGH THE ICE AND SNOW OF THE CHOSIN RESERVOIR AND THE STEAMING JUNGLES OF VIETNAM, AND IT ANCHORS FIRMLY TODAY IN THE DESERT SANDS OF IRAQ.

THIS YEAR'S CELEBRATION AGAIN FINDS MANY FROM OUR RANKS SERVING WITH DISTINCTION IN HARM'S WAY. AS WE HAVE FOR THE PAST 231 YEARS, OUR CORPS IS ANSWERING THE NATION'S CALL. I CAN REPORT FIRST HAND THAT OURMARINES FIGHTING ON THE FRONT LINES OF THE LONG WAR ON TERROR ARE
PERFORMING BRILLIANTLY, ACQUITTING THEMSELVES WITH HONOR, DEDICATION, AND DIGNITY IN DIFFICULT AND DANGEROUS ENVIRONMENTS. ALL MARINES ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE. REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU ARE SERVING, YOU ARE ADDING NEW CHAPTERS TO THE LEGACY THAT WAS EARNED WITH SWEAT AND BLOOD ON OLD BATTLEFIELDS. JUST AS PREVIOUS GENERATIONS OF MARINES SHAPED TODAY'S MARINE CORPS, YOUR DEEDS ARE MOLDING THE CORPS OF
TOMORROW. OUR CORPS HAS NEVER BEEN STRONGER, AND ALL AMERICANS ARE EXTREMELY PROUD OF YOUR MAGNIFICENT PERFORMANCE AND UNWAVERING
COMMITMENT TO SERVE OUR CORPS AND COUNTRY. WITH HIGH CALIBER MARINES LIKE YOU, OUR FUTURE HAS NEVER BEEN BRIGHTER. ANOTHER IRREPLACEABLE ELEMENT OF OUR SUCCESS AS MARINES IS THE TERRIFIC
SUPPORT WE RECEIVE FROM OUR FAMILIES. THROUGH THE LONG HOURS, THE EXERCISES, AND THE COMBAT DEPLOYMENTS, THEIR SUPPORT IS UNCONDITIONAL
AND FIRM. THEY GIVE US LOVE AND DEVOTION, PROVIDING US WITH THE STRENGTH TO DRIVE ON WHEN DUTY CALLS. TODAY WE SHOULD ALL ACKNOWLEDGE
OUR LOVED ONES FOR THEIR PATIENT, STEADFAST SERVICE.
TO ALL WHO HAVE EARNED THE TITLE MARINE, TO THE SUPERB SAILORS WHO SERVE WITH US IN EVERY CLIME AND PLACE, AND TO OUR PRECIOUS FAMILIES-I WISH
EACH ONE OF YOU A HEARTFELT HAPPY 231ST BIRTHDAY.
SEMPER FIDELIS AND KEEP ATTACKING!
M. W. HAGEE, GENERAL, U.S. MARINE CORPS

Happy B-Day USMC. Thanks to all you Devil Dogs, who don't know words like quit, can't, or give-up. Our country would not be where it is today if not for the fighting spirit that breathes life into a person that changes him from a citizen to a United States Marine.

Don
NCC(SS)

beerchug.gif
Happy Birthday to all Marines!!!!
beerchug.gif
   I love having two  birthdays a year.
guns.gif

muscle.gif

super.gif

beerchug.gif

<table style=filter:glow(color=green)><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>SEMPER FIDELIS MARINES</span></table>

Happy birthday to the USMC  
beerchug.gif
 even though in never served,  but have worked on many Military projects (Rolls-Royce Aero Engines), I do fill an affinity to the armed forces of both the UK and US. This must be due to the influence of my Grandad (MP and MM WWI) and my old Dad ( Commando WWII). Towards the end of WWII he trained US Green Beret troops up in Scotland.

Both hard men but good with us kids.  
bowdown.gif

Happy Birthday - Marines. I went to a great MC ball at State Line , Nevada with my old unit. Got to see lots of old friends and see how the unit has changed. It was nice to the traditions are still there, but hard to hear of some that have passed on. Semper Fi. W Willis , MSgt, USMC Ret.

Happy Birthday Devil Dogs!

Here's to the Marines at the empty table, Ooraah!!

Let's not forget the sacrifices that our wives, children, mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers have all made for our country as well, even by proxy. It's their 231 Birthday too.

Touching poem concerning deployment and the strength of a Marine family.
Click Here

Semper Fi, Marines

To all my Brothers who have served before me, the ones who are serving wth me and to the ones I am training to take my place in our Corps. Most of all to the ones who have given their lives so that we can be here to do this today.Happy Birthday Marines and Semper fi!

Happy Birthday MC and Happy Birthday to all my Marine brothers on the board, and through out the world. Semper Fi, do or die Uh Rah.....

Back