Shopping online? Watch out for this...

It's Advanced Auto...they're all over the place. What was so frustrating is that Omar found the $16+ belt online, so we head to the store to buy it and they say they can't price match. Willie, you know Redline will price match other vendors, right? Advanced won't match their own prices?! So, we had to leave, order it online, then drive back and get something they had sitting on the shelf all along :banghead: I wish we'd thought to just stand in front of them, order it on the iPhone (if the price were the same), then say "OK, I'd like to pick this up now" :rofl:

That's what I was thinking. Just step back with your iPhone and order the belt online and then walk back up and say I'm here to pick up my $16 belt :)

WoW, that's nutz

I got 50% off IE 10.5 (pre ordered) so I get 50% all purchases right? :laugh:

Showing $16.19 for me a savings of $10.40! :laugh: IE was the browser I used. But when I added it to cart it gave the 26.59 price. So I just back paged and it gave me the $26.59 price for the part! :laugh:

Yeah, that's funny about not matching their own price.

unless policy has changed at Walmart, they will match anyone elses advertised price but not their own from another store. Different locations here show different prices in the store, and even though they know the other location is $3 cheaper they will not match it, but will match target, etc.

I think he found the cheapest price using Internet Explorer, but if he didn't clear cookies and looked again the next day, same browser, it went up...

???
I would rather pay higher prices than go back to using ie again. :laugh:

I haven't found Advance to be crooked in any way but their website setup isn't the best. I had a price change the same way once. I was placing an order for multiple parts and then spent about another 30 minutes searching for the best coupon code. In that time, one part that was on sale expired and the original price came back up, didn't matter that it was already in my cart. Website still listed the sale price for about an hour after it expired.

My local Advance stores will match their online prices if you print it out and bring it to them; however, they don't like it one bit and cop an attitude. They also don't seem too thrilled over the online will-call orders either. I have a feeling there is commission money being lost somewhere.

Overall you can't beat their prices when ordering online AND using a coupon code. Their online prices are already cheaper than Autozone and when you apply a good code, they practically give stuff away at times. Big30 usually gives $30 off any order of at least $75. $45 for $75 bucks worth of parts...how can you beat that?
Once of the last things I bought was a really nice $140 OBDII scanner. Between an online sale price and good code I paid about $58 for it. The counter guy couldn't believe it when I went to pick it up.

One employee told me of a glitch someone found where a guy ordered mispriced GPSs online with a code that ended up bringing them into a negative amount. They couldn't give him money but he did pick up every one they had in stock free of charge and there was nothing they could do since the "online branch was a separate entity who would get to deal with the loss." There are 10 local Advance stores within minutes of me and probably 40+ if you want to branch out into a 50 mile radius. That guy may have made a killing.

Did anyone check e-bay?

Like someone said print out the lower priced one and take it somewhere else to see if they would match it.

Then again for the $10 difference is it really worth it to drive around looking for a lower price?

Back