just got home from the strip

I took mine out this weekend and every pass the front tire was up in the air. I can't seem to keep it down. I'm getting 1.75 60' times but then the front comes up and my best times is only 10.15 @ 144 mph consistant. I do have the front strapped and the rear lowered, still running stock gears and I weigh 200 without leathers. Any suggestions and stretching is not an option.

men... they just never grow up.
zzwhip.gif
lol..
Yep, some times it is like Jr. High all over again!

Congrats on getting it out to the strip!

You may have to swap out that rear tire pretty quickly. The 08 makes huge amounts of torque. Mine is now in the same neighborhood as the 08 and I've had plenty of traction problems trying to sort it out.
I feel ya Rick. I went out third round spinning. Bummer......

zzwhip.gif
lol..

You may have to swap out that rear tire pretty quickly. The 08 makes huge amounts of torque. Mine is now in the same neighborhood as the 08 and I've had plenty of traction problems trying to sort it out.
what would you recomend for a good tire? usally this track is preped nice but with the cold weather and small turn out of racers they didnt prep the track like it would be normaly, by the way i read some where that you had a fiberglass seat possibly for sale? have you still got it and if so would it fit the 08? i dont really want to use my hardwear of of my stock seat im just looking for something that is already to put on. I need a seat badly, the bike pulls so hard i slide all the way back in the seat and have a very hard time reaching the bars, lol all my weight is in the back of the bike and when i fight to pull myself foreward i just pull a big wheelie.

I recommend at least a Shinko U-Soft.

You can also go with the Mickey Tompson MCR2 tire which is on the pricey side of $200ish and is not recommend to ride on the street.

zzwhip.gif
lol..

what would you recomend for a good tire? usally this track is preped nice but with the cold weather and small turn out of racers they didnt prep the track like it would be normaly, by the way i read some where that you had a fiberglass seat possibly for sale? have you still got it and if so would it fit the 08? i dont really want to use my hardwear of of my stock seat im just looking for something that is already to put on. I need a seat badly, the bike pulls so hard i slide all the way back in the seat and have a very hard time reaching the bars, lol all my weight is in the back of the bike and when i fight to pull myself foreward i just pull a big wheelie.
I've ran the following
Michelin Power Race. Road race tires. So far my favorite in a tire that can be ran on the street. I did throw a chuck out of a PR3 (soft) compound this weekend. I've used a PR4 (medium-soft)and a PR5 (medium) with good results with a stock wheelbase. I understand the PR3s are usually only used on the 600s. Lots of guys using these in Prostar real-street classes. Scuffs are out there for around $75 a bit over $200 for a new one.

Shinko 003 Ultrasoft.
Lots of guys love them. I have tried two and they are ok. Compared to above, takes more weight to balance, lower speed rating, heavier, a bit more burnout. Too much burnout and they get greasy. Less pressure required to make it hook than the PRs

Mickey Thompson MCR I've made some passes on this one and it hooks pretty good. I need to do more testing when I get the rear shock sorted. Gut feeling is it being better than the Shinko and near the Michelin PR. I don't know the price as this one was free. Plenty of Rubber and felt good the few miles I rode it on the street.

Mickey Thompson MCR2 hooks everywhere High$$$ light, can't run them on the street. Very little burnout in our application. Overkill really. I went though about 6 of them but was buying them at a very good price.

I've heard some good things about the Metzler Dragtech. I haven't had a chance to try one.

I sold the fiberglass seat I had. I'm now running a Carbon Fiber "heavy hitter"￾ version seat pan. The pan gets you lower. Skateboard tape on it take out some of the slide. There is also some vinyl out there that could be used to take some of the slip out. It is often used in motocross seats.
If I could fit in it, I would be looking at Gatlin's as it is more sturdy than the fiberglass / CF pans out there and it had the mounts already built in. I'm not sure about 08 fitment however. Seems I heard the 99-07 will fit pretty close.
http://www.gatlinracing.com/products/suzuki/gsx1300r/alumseat.html

worthless.gif

traction issues? what track are you running?

We have budgeted for every night open 1 barrel of VHT per lane... Even Wednesday nights we have bikes running in the 7's (We had one of Schintz's new scoots run a low 7 last Wednesday)

No reason to switch out your tire yet, we have 2 08's running stock tires at 60 inch wheelbase and I'm getting 1.53 60fts and my buddy is getting 1.45 60 fts with no traction issues and we are both running 36 psi. and we have been running in 50 degree weather. And good times for first time out!

Back