almost got in the nines!!!

justa-busa-girl

Registered
i took the busa to the quater mile strip yesterday, ive lowered it one inch in the rear, and strapped the front about 2 inches.. i only got one run in but i went a 10.13.. as i was putting my feet on the pegs after the launch my right boot got hung up on the buttom of the peg. As i looked down to try to get it off i hit the limiter and bounced off it a couple times before i shifted into 2nd lol. it was 95 degrees, and the track is 1,800 above seal level. the bike has no performance modds its bone stock other than lowered so i am pretty happy with that pass.

beerchug.gif

sweet worry about getting the right boot up  before you get your left one... or at the line keep the left one on the shifter thats what i used to do on my old drag/strip bike.  as long as the right one isn't draggin the track who cares go like hell

sweet worry about getting the right boot up  before you get your left one... or at the line keep the right one on the shifter thats what i used to do on my old drag/strip bike.  so that way your foot is there so it cant get caught up
you got a shifter on the right?
rock.gif
lol no i didnt say i had a shifter on the right , i looked down to see what the hell i was hung up on and hit my rev limiter when i took my eyes off the rpms. ive raced bikes since 2003 and this is the first time it has happened, it got hung up on the scrape peg, they are so fregin long on the busa... i am removing them!!!

beerchug.gif

The 9's will come with more seat time!!! Keep up the good work.

sweet worry about getting the right boot up  before you get your left one... or at the line keep the right one on the shifter thats what i used to do on my old drag/strip bike.  so that way your foot is there so it cant get caught up
rock.gif
lol no i didnt say i had a shifter on the right , i looked down to see what the hell i was hung up on and hit my rev limiter when i took my eyes off the rpms. ive raced bikes since 2003 and this is the first time it has happened, it got hung up on the scrape peg, they are so fregin long on the busa... i am removing them!!!
not you, mrninja said it.
but he fixed it now, to hide the evidence
winkold.gif

sweet worry about getting the right boot up before you get your left one... or at the line keep the right one on the shifter thats what i used to do on my old drag/strip bike. so that way your foot is there so it cant get caught up
rock.gif
I have hung up on those stupid pins on more than one occasion... really scary at first.. I will never run with them on my bikes.. nice pass btw..
smile.gif

yeah i hate those darn things... but a cheap set of fleabay pegs gor it and you will like the positoin of the and no more scare bars

and sorry i am still asleep i think havent had my wake and bake yet

lol no problem... i want to take the bike to out local strip we run about 3 tenths quicker here than were we were this weekend, so im quite confident i will be in the nines here.. I noticed i ran 4mph slower yesterday than i did the past races down thier so the heat and humidity were taking a pretty big toll on the et,s..I just got my slipons today, so mabey ill cut off a tenth from the weight savings from the stock exaust
laugh.gif

Invest in a shifter. The autos are the cadillac. All you have to do is feather the clutch on launch and hold the throttle wide open.

Back