Just did demo ride on zx-14

HillsRider

On the DHS watch list
Donating Member
Registered
The Kawasaki demo rides are set up less than 5 miles up the road from where I work, so I took off for lunch & headed up there. I just got back to my computer from riding the 14. Overall opinion.. I should have rode the ZX-10!
biggrin.gif

It was a nice ride.. great brakes & smooth transmission.. but it still ugly!
laugh.gif

How does it compare to the busa when it comes to overall power delivery and throttle response?

I didn't ride it but I went and sat on one today at lunch. First impression: Ballbuster fuel tank. I think I would need a cup to ride that thing. Nice looking master cylinders and front brakes! The grills look even worse in person. There was an older fella there looking at it too and he was looking for a Hayabusa so I of course chatted with him for awhile and then parted ways. They had an 06 ltd the other day and must have moved it because it was gone today. He was going to keep looking for a Hayabusa!

Throttle response was smooth, no jerking or flat spots that I felt. The busa does have a better bottom end than the 14 does. I didn't get to play much on the higher end of the rpm scale, but at 4000 rpm the busa pulls noticabely harder. Once up around 6 grand the 14 wakes up (alot like the busa). Under the conditions I was riding in (2 control riders, front & rear) I could not tell any power difference between the 2 once the rpms are up.

Now the brakes are a completely different story.. The first stop sign I came to on the 14 was quite interesting! Very touchy front brakes compaired to mine. I think I need to overhaul the brakes on the busa!
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|HillsRider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155331408 -->

Just my opinion and I really like seeing this report. Actually, this little opinion I'm writing is probably as much for me as anyone, but hey... (type type type)

I believe the Busa, hands down, is a great bike. Everyone is worried about whether or not we've been totally upstaged by Kawi. (Me inlcuded.) Truth is - the Busa is so well done that no matter what comes on the market, unless it'sa hyperbike in the $15k+ range - it's not going to be 'soo' much better. It's just going to be 'competitive.' right?

Having said all that - I still wanna ride a Foreman grill machine... curiousity and confirmation I guess.

Just my opinion and I really like seeing this report.  Actually, this little opinion I'm writing is probably as much for me as anyone, but hey... (type type type)

I believe the Busa, hands down, is a great bike.  Everyone is worried about whether or not we've been totally upstaged by Kawi. (Me inlcuded.)  Truth is - the Busa is so well done that no matter what comes on the market, unless it'sa hyperbike in the $15k+ range - it's not going to be 'soo' much better.  It's just going to be 'competitive.'  right?

Having said all that - I still wanna ride a Foreman grill machine... curiousity and confirmation I guess.
Your Right
idea.gif
, with this class of bike, unless you do hyper speeds or are a really experienced (AND GOOD) drag racer, you'll never know the performance difference ! Handling
rock.gif
, well on the street that's a personal preference on set up. Me, I like my suspention hard, others solf. It's a what you want and what you like and how you ride. For Me
face7.gif
, the BUSA is KING in all areas, and YES, I've ridden a 14 and NOT on a demo ride
biggrin.gif

race.gif

Back