Just a question for the masses

rubber2burn

Donating Member
Registered
So I installed a Yoshi TRS Full Exhaust the other day and had it mapped and for a stock motor the Yoshi did not do to bad.  Well that is after the custom map was done.  So here is what my stock motor did when Dynoed for the first time all stock it laid down 151HP.  So after the exhaust was installed and the base map that Dyno Jet provided was put in the Power Commander the bike was then back on the Dyno and the bike made 152HP WTF? I would think there would be a bigger HP gain just by installing the Yoshi Exhaust.  But this is were it blows my mind normally when someone says Yoshi the first bike that comes to mind is Suzuki. I would think that Yoshi doing most of their R&D testing on Suzuki bikes they would be the optimal exhaust to put on a Suzuki but guess that is not the case.  I have seen Brocks, Ti Force, and other pipes put down much better numbers as far as HP is concerned before a custom map is done.  So after the custom was done and all was said and done my bike final number was 161HP with 96 Foot Pounds of Torque I mean that is not that bad for a stock motor as we all know there is variable in HP between busa motors to begin with in there stock form.  Just looking for you guys opinion on why the Yoshi would not produce better numbers seeing how Yoshi is normally synonymous with Suzuki.

Too much is put on the peak numbers on the internet .

Look at the power difference right at 10k rpm and under along with the increase in TQ and HP throughout the entire range .

I understand what you are talking about mountainmotor and the numbers are decent along both lines. Yes you are right that there is a huge eye glass on the over all peak number on the net but I just fugured that Yoshi being synonymous with the Suzuki name that they would try and build a pipe that would produce good numbers across both lines but also put down a better peak number as well?

When Suzuki engineered the Busa engine there was alot of HP left out via cams and compression .

Just saying that the stock and mild manored Busa engine was never held back too awfull much by the stock exhaust in terms of peak power being capped up by the stock exhaust so 6-10hp gain from 4500 rpm up is not so shabby given the little Subaru type cams that they have . Cams that were off in terms of timing events to boot . Had they been spot on there would have been way many less intakes put on the exhaust over the years .

My 2 cents anyway

The map sheet you are looking at is of the Stock pull and after Johnny put a map in it for me and it only increased the HP by 10.8 like I said I am happy with the 10HP increase and the torque increase but I would think that Yoshi would have made a pipe to pull the most HP out of a Suzuki motor that is were my hang up is. Over all I can live with these numbers and I am not disappointed in any way shape or form as this is a commuter and weekend toy for me not tying to break any LSR Records with it YET
firedevil.gif

I think it all depends on the intended use of the pipe. Yosh may have been trying to make a more well rounded powerband instead of just focusing on top end only. How does it drive? I think far too much emphasis is put on Dyno results rather than real world power. I think everyone wants to say that their bike makes the most peak power but most would probably be happier in the real world with a big fat midrange. But HP is fun to bench race over
laugh.gif
!

I think it all depends on the intended use of the pipe. Yosh may have been trying to make a more well rounded powerband instead of just focusing on top end only. How does it drive? I think far too much emphasis is put on Dyno results rather than real world power. I think everyone wants to say that their bike makes the most peak power but most would probably be happier in the real world with a big fat midrange. But HP is fun to bench race over
laugh.gif
!
Guess that is what I wouold like to know is what was Yosh trying to accomplish a good over all power band or peak HP. But I would thing that they would be looking for both

I might be wrong but I think Yosh was the first major pipe maker to put the little crossover pipes in their headers (Mid 80's tech )to try and avoid the classic 4 into 1 midrange hole. A lot of others have since copied this technology. Nobody wants a 175hp bike with a powerband like a light switch so they try and make em as liveable as possible for the masses.

Back