Dyno Run Colorado Springs, Co

boriqua_n_co

Registered
Hi there guys. There was a dyno run day here in Colorado Springs. They put my bike on the dyno and on the first run they had to stop the dyno since the bikes rear tire was spinning too much. They retightened the bike and off the bike made 151.4. My mods are the following:
Yoshi 4-2-1 TRS Ti Race
PCIII USB downloaded map Yoshi duplex
Pair removed

My question today is what is the BUSA's stock HP? Is this good? I'm looking into getting a custom map; by looking at this dyno picture can there be any changes to my current map? Here is the dyno pic.

3_11_05_DYNO_GSX1300R.jpg

smile.gif
I have the same mods on mine .Stock filter.The bike is an 05..Pc3 usb map for the yosh.Dynoed mine yesterday first run..163.1 hp.No torque figures.500 miles on the bike..Larry

Boriqua,If I can figure how to post I will do so.I was pleased in the results.I do believe that every dyno reads different on every bike.Your bike may be affected bythe altittude,maybe the dyno reads low.Hows the seat of the pants,thats all the counts.The dyno that my bike was tested on may have read High numbers.All the bikes tested seem to be within the mags hp numbers.Good luck.Larry

I'll play devil's advocate. Dyno's vary. An example is my bike pulled 165hp on a dynojet inertia dyno. The same setup pulled 142hp on a factory pro eddy current dyno. Also, your friendly dyno operator takes a temperature measurement and a barometer reading at the time of the run. These numbers are used to determine a correction factor that adjusts the reading to approximate what the bike should do at sea level at some standard temperature (I don't know what temp). The idea is to make readings on different days with different conditions comparable (as in apples to apples). Your operator in Colorado most certainly used a correction factor to compensate for your altitude, so your readings should theoretically be comparable to readings under different conditions. Naturally, I wish the factory pro dyno had read more in my case, but the reading is an inherent difference in the way the dyno works. That's another topic altogether, as it's longstanding debate among dyno folks. The bottom line is that the dyno is a way to see the effect of mods that you may make, and if you use the same dyno, you should be able to see what the difference is. The magazines use the highest dyno readings that they can get, and I suspect that they are playing around with the correction factors to hype their results. They are likely in bed with the bike manufacturers. In addition, I have seen examples of magazine test bikes that were highly tweaked and "dialed in" by the factory to get good results by the magazine reviewers. Finally, there can be variances between bikes of the same make right off the showroom floor. Some bikes are hotter than others. You have to ask yourself "Am I not getting enough power out of this monster?". Don't get to caught up in the max hp readings. (I must admit that I do, as well).

boriqua_n_co
Your graph looks good i don;t think you'll benifit by spending 200 bucks or more for a custom mape my bike made 157hp with just HMF dual Highs and i still had the pair valve in it It was done in minneaolis
But as said Elevation and temp have alot to do with it if you woulda had a reading before the mods then you'd know how much you gained

This graph i have shows 3 runs the first one was my bike with just hmf high mounts the 2nd and 3rd are my 1363 setup and nos

Dyno_02busa2.jpg

as you can see on my built motor run it could use alittle more fine tuning but we ran outta time for the day and i needed to get on the road otherwise i woulda like it to look like the 157 hp run nice and smooth

Back