Jumped my own pack job today!

It IS a little Ghey..but there are Chick Tandem Masters if that bothers you. And no, your first jump does NOT have to be Tandem (although most recommend it); the AFF (Accellerated Freefall) progression method means no rodeo ride; you jump out with two instructors holding onto you until opening - but this method takes alot more time and $$ before you even get into the plane.

Rubber bands break during the opening sequence, it's a fact of life. but they need to be TIGHT, even double-wrapped if necessary. If this is an F111 Canopy, then it's also probably got Dacon lines (or are they Microline?) Reason I ask is the size of the stow also matters. The 'bite' that a Dacon line should have in a stow is about 2.5 inches, for a Microline stow, 1.5 inches is closer to the mark. I PROMISE you that, with everthing else being equal, good tight line stows will give you a more stable opening sequence.

One of these days I'll use my GoPro when I pack and I'll show you how to fold it to get it into the bag. I can actually get up and walk away from the fully open back with the canopy folded up in it, and it's would come out (betcha can't do that with S folds!)

You really want to get this down right before you start rasslin with Zero P...pack one of those wrong and it will rock your world.

It has microlines.

I would like to see that pack job. Maybe I will ask my instructor about it next time.

see i want them to let me sign a paper and give me a parashut (once again my spelling sucks but i can pull a rip cord at a certian footage

It IS a little Ghey..but there are Chick Tandem Masters if that bothers you. And no, your first jump does NOT have to be Tandem (although most recommend it); the AFF (Accellerated Freefall) progression method means no rodeo ride; you jump out with two instructors holding onto you until opening - but this method takes alot more time and $$ before you even get into the plane.

A lot more time but its only about $150 more over the tandem price to do a AFF. If you only want to do that one AFF jump. At Carolina it is anyway.

I paid around $1300 for the entire AFF course. You can find cheaper prices though.

It's a PRO Pack all the way until you get ready to put it in the bag, then it's a little different (involves ROLLING the canopy up - like a sleeping bag) and then put the whole think in the Dbag at once. Not many people have seen it. Don't try it without someone who actually knows how to do it.

i know i push it to far but im only going to live once and im going to try as to push life to the limit while i can

see i want them to let me sign a paper and give me a parashut (once again my spelling sucks but i can pull a rip cord at a certian footage

Not happening. Why would anyone, regardless of what you sign or how much $$$ you hand over, let you do that? If you go out there and kill yourself, the repercussions could end safe skydiving for everyone else...

Go to USPA.ORG and you'll get lots of info, along with nearby member dropzones.

Its not that simple though. You have to be stable when you pull. If you have never jumped there is a good chance you will be out of control when you pull which could cause all sorts of problems.

You also have to learn canopy control, landing patterns, when to flare and what to do in emergency situations. Theres a lot to it.

Last edited:
i knew the stable part and kinda figured the control part would take a second or two to figure out but im a quick learner throw the shut out and i'll jump out and get it :laugh: j.k.

Yeah, POINT BREAK made it look really easy (yeah, I can close a 5-way last, on my first jump wearing skins and swim flippers)..."Ok, 1000 feet, you pull"..."no, you first I insist" :rofl::rofl:

i knew the stable part and kinda figured the control part would take a second or two to figure out but im a quick learner throw the shut out and i'll jump out and get it :laugh: j.k.

I wish it would only take a second or to. But once you start getting out of control with out correction it will just keep getting worse and worse and worse...

It's not in your DNA to know how to fly, it's totally a learned experience.

LOL please dont get me wrong guys i know theres more to it im just over confident in myself and that does get me into trouble
i have jumped from a plane tho for 1 im a Marine but we didnt get to choose when to pull it was pulled about the time you realize your free falling

My jump course cost $30.00 which included the first jump. After that jumps were 13.00 each until I purchased my own gear then 7.00 to go to 7500 ft 10.00 to go to 10000 ft. Of course that's been a little while back. Only malfunction ever had was on gear I didn't pack myself.
Congrats on successful first pack job and enjoy the dynamic hobby of skydiving. :thumbsup:

Back