JohnnyCheese

1313R

Registered
Do you recomend the Hindle street smart exhaust or A Muzzys sytem? Which one? A friend of mine has the Hindle and I'd like to smoke him. Can you tell me which way to go? Thanks.

I'm sure the bde will make more power...but then again are you going to have it custom mapped?

what other mods have you done (i.e) pistons, cams, headwork, modded airbox etc because it'll make a differance. I believe that BDE Hindle pipe will make more power with a built motor.

All stock. Just lowered in the rear and tubbed. I have a 16tooth front sprocket. Haven't installed it yet waiting to get a new chain first. He has a custom mapp full hindle exhaust and it's lowered in the rear. Strapped in the front, with different gears. I run 6.70's and he usually runs 6.50's or mid 6.40's. 60ft times are almost identical, but at the 330ft mark he starts pullin away. I just want to keep up or blow bye him. What do you recommend?

All stock. Just lowered in the rear and tubbed. I have a 16tooth front sprocket. Haven't installed it yet waiting to get a new chain first. He has a custom mapp full hindle exhaust and it's lowered in the rear. Strapped in the front, with different gears. I run 6.70's and he usually runs 6.50's or mid 6.40's. 60ft times are almost identical, but at the 330ft mark he starts pullin away. I just want to keep up or blow bye him. What do you recommend?
Brock Gen 3 Hindle and a sprocket, dude. Trust me, the BDE exhaust is soooooooo friggin' schweet!

I bought a Muzzy Ti Oval from Johnny Cheese for only $750 - it looks great, sounds great and the Muzzy, Hindle and Akra make within 1-3 hp of each other according to Johnny. If you buy a Muzzy oval in Aluminium it would cost even less. They are all good systems - depends on how you want it to look and how much you want to spend. Bullet Train has great pictures of his system and install titled "all the pretty horses" - check it out - he had his system polished and it looks awesome. I like more of an understated look so I went with flat Titanium - I like the way it looks and it will be easy to take care of.

When you install your system - a fun and easy project - remove the PAIR valve while you have your bike apart - you can buy a block off kit from Brock "BDE" or Muzzy.

Good Luck!

Hmmm...Do you know how he's geared...I'll bet he went up in the rear...If I were you I'ld go 16/42...He want pull you then...That setup will go with the stock length chain...Then your choice of exhaust want be that big of a deal...I'm running a Muzzy stainless header alum can right now...My friend installed a Hindle on his 12 and I still eat his a$$ on the regular...We had about a $400 price difference in my favor on the systems... :devil:

Thanks for the info STUNNAH. I've been thinking of doing that. Let me know how the Tiger Tail works out for you with the scrubbing. I've been thinking of the extra inches also. :)

1313R,

You should be able to run with your buddy now! How much do you weight?

You just need to practice your launch. Get that clutch out quicker and gas on faster! You can run 6.40's with the setup you have now.

As for the pipe, I have and recommend the BDE Gen III!

I only weigh about 195. He only weighs 155 though. I can beat him on the tree but it just doesn't matter. I will try though. It would be closer if I wasn't spinning second gear on the big end. I will work on it. Thanks for the info guys.:D

Oh yeah and it spins what little of third gets used. Thanks for bringing that to my attention BT. :tounge: We're only running the 1/8th mile just in case you didn't realize it. But if I were running 6.70"s in the 1/4 I'd be quite pleased. Thanks for the vote of confedence. :D

<!--EDIT|1313R
Reason for Edit: None given...|1069092781 -->

Oh yeah and it spins what little of third gets used. Thanks for bringing that to my attention BT. :tounge: We're only running the 1/8th mile just in case you didn't realize it. But if I were running 6.70"s in the 1/4 I'd be quite pleased. Thanks for the vote of confedence. :D
Just havin' a little fun there dude. ;)

You weigh 55pds less than me...I was running 6.8's before the bolt ons...Now I'm getting to the 6.5's consistently...You can more than likely beat him with just the sprocket change...Full system and you'll smoke him... :devil:

The Tiger Tail worked out fine for me...It should be near 70 here friday...Test and tune...I hope to get in the 6.4's...I had just put a tire on and it's noe broke in yet... :devil:

Back