Exhaust question

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
My new bike has Muzzy CF bolt-ons and a K&N.  I was looking at the PC site and they have maps for the following bolt ons with K&N filters:

Hindle
Arrow
D&D
Yoshi

So the question is which map should I use?  Which bolt ons are the closest to the Muzzys?

Don

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146918356 -->

Email their tech boys ..The address is on their site..

Tell them what you have done to the bike and ask for the map they would recommend.

They will get right back to you.

Maybe not.....
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Might have to wait till Monday..

Meanwhile load a similar map.. There wont be a huge difference..

Yeah, NJ recommended the Hindle one so I am going to do that. Here is a question. When I upload the current map (from the bike) to my laptop, will I be able to tell which map it is?

of those choices?.....I would think that the yosh cans map would be closest to the muzzy cannisters as I've jstted, tuned and installed many a muzzy or yosh slip-on on FZ1's and they were both very close in design/dimention and even "tone"....but also...even from mildest to wildest there shouldn't be to much of a dif in maps for slip-ons...as long as your using a simular configuration map which would be written for either a 4X2 (dual exhaust) or?...a 4X2:1 (single side exhaust)....might not be as good as a "custom tuned map" but...should be able to find something out there that's real suitable...but I also think that the majority of busa owners who opt for slip-ons rather than a full exhaust don't even bother installing a pc as there's so much restriction/baffeling in the stock mid-pipes that the mapping is left so close to stock oem mapping that there's not much performance to be gained via the addition of a pc....but it will get you a far smoother and well tuned throttle response...which to the curve carvers amidst us is an important virtue that's well worth the trouble...but to answer your "?"...if i were you?..I'd give the yosh map a whirl "last"..and here's why...I'd download'em all..he11...it only takes a few moments to upload a new map so?...wtf?...try'em all...but it's easier for my azzdyno to tell how much "better" a map is running than how much "worse" a map is running if i try what i believe to be "the worst maps first"...as it's easier to progressiely notice postives than it is to notice negitives..but that's just me.
laugh.gif

Good Luck & L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back