Joe Rocket GPX 1pc

wizeguy

Registered
I ordered the GPX 1pc in what is my everyday suit size. It fits everywhere except the length in the torso. It is way to short through the torso. I am going to try the next size up but I don't want it to fit too loose through the chest and abdomen. Any of you guys where this suit?

Suggestions from the taller members (i am 6'03") if I cant get this one to fit?

You didn't mention the size.

I'm 6'4", and have the Frank Thomas (www.cyclegear.com) Strike I one-piece.

If I don't "adjust" myself before putting my arms in, my "boys" can get caught if you get my drift. Sorry ladies, I'm trying to be discreet here!

Unfortunately, buying off the rack means compromises. If you go with a bigger size that makes the suit a bit too big in the chest area, buy a back protector (if you're not already using one). That will tighten things up a bit.

On a personal note: 1500 posts! Woo hoo!

Well here's the deal. I bought last year's model, and it was on sale for $299. Yep, $299.

At that price it's a bargain. It's not without it's flaws though. There is no hard armor (other than pucks (which were included)). CE armor isn't going to do much to protect your body from an impact.

It looks good, but I'm not sure how it would hold up in a crash. I don't have a lot of faith in the stitching, but it's a good weight, and the leather seems to be good quality.

I'm still losing weight, so I'm thinking my next suit will be a custom Vanson.

Whatever you do, try it on first if you can, although that said, Cycle Gear seems to have a pretty liberal return policy for fitment issues.

Ping me if you have any other questions, I'd be glad to help out if I can.

I am 6'4" also.. Around a solid 255-260lbs. I have good symmetry but wouldn't know where to start for a one piece. I got the JoeRocket Speedmaster jacket in XXL and it fits perfectly. Doesn't squeeze me at all so I think those measurements would do me good..

Projekt,
It comes down to trying some on. You would probably be a 48 or 50. Not sure what your build is, but you've got to try one on. Not sure if that's an option for you.

I have two Joe Rocket Jackets, and I had to go XXXL because XXL was great in the torso, but not long enough in the arms.

Back