Jeff Beck has passed

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Jeff Beck, the blues-rock innovator and two-time Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee who revolutionized how the guitar is played, has died at the age of 78.

Meningitis has taken the best guitarist on the planet I’m sorry to say. Seen him many times. His style was mesmerizing. He liked hot rods too…RIP Jeff

7CCC0926-AF1D-4C3E-8B82-965E7705C3FD.jpeg

7221606D-D4E2-4D3C-9D8D-693D2FD5E772.jpeg

Bit of a long story, but one time a few of us were sitting around at work and I posed the question, Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met? All of us took turns, mine was a jump ball between Kevin Schwantz, Joe Amato and Reggie Fountain. Then one guy tells us “me and my sister smoked pot in a Limousine with Jeff Beck and Rod Stewart after a concert one time”. Mic. Drop!

Loved this guys music. RIP.

I guess the best concert I saw him at was at Winterland in SF one year. Wet Willie and the Williettes opened, the Williettes were ostensibly back up singers but were bouncing on stage wearing skin tight bell bottoms and tube tops! Very entertaining all by them selves. Willie played several harmonicas that he had holstered around his waist on a belt. The middle group was Black Oak Arkansas with twin lead guitar players. A very kick ass rock and roll band! As their finale the two guitarists were jamming hard about 3-4 feet apart and as the stage lights went out they swung their guitars at each other (slamming them into each other) causing them to sort of explode with a lil smoke and electricity zaps. Also very entertaining despite the loss of two perfectly fine guitars.

Jeff Beck on his Stratocaster, Tim Bogert on a Fender Firebird bass and Carmine Appice on drums took the stage. Carmine had 16 cymbals surrounding his drum kit! They played great of course and it was a long set, and after two long encores and after leaving the stage with the house lights coming up, we still wouldn’t stop clapping. Went on for awhile too. Finally Jeff came back onto a dark stage by himself and played You Shook Me, a Led Zeppelin hit you may’ve heard, and brought the house down! Absolutely amazing guitar playing.

Back