Its nice being in the head of the pack

I may be new to the Busa family, but I had my Gixer 600 for a longtime, and I did a lot of stupid stuff, but sliding from the 5-0, never a good idea. Easy way to get yourself killed or worse, someone else.

Not a fan. :banghead:

Do the right thing, go turn yourself in....
Posted via Mobile Device

"yeah, hi, I'm aahh, the one who outran you the other night... Just wanted to say... yeah it was me... maybe you can catch me now since i'm walking":rofl::rofl:

- 1 for doin it on public roads, i try n keep myself in check to make sure I make it home that night. be safe out there:thumbsup:

i usually dont ride like i was just keepin up the cops i had no idea they were behind us i found out after we got back to the house

"yeah, hi, I'm aahh, the one who outran you the other night... Just wanted to say... yeah it was me... maybe you can catch me now since i'm walking":rofl::rofl:

- 1 for doin it on public roads, i try n keep myself in check to make sure I make it home that night. be safe out there:thumbsup:

:rofl:always try bein safe like i said i usually never ride like but for some reason last night it happened

Matt, always be that adult pull over take ur medicine... Better to ride home with a ticket i'n ur pocket than i'n the back of a hearse. I'd find some other people to ride with.

Matt, always be that adult pull over take ur medicine... Better to ride home with a ticket i'n ur pocket than i'n the back of a hearse. I'd find some other people to ride with.

completely agree i wont be riding with that croud anytime soon trust me

Glad your still around to post, running from LEO's is not the smartest thing to do.

I have run twice, many years ago when I was a lot dumber and I'm just lucky that my angels were able to keep up. Please keep in mind when you run, you not only risk your life, but others on the road as well. We don't want you to become another headline due to a bad decision and I'm sure you don't want to hurt or kill someone because of the same decision.

"Running from the law" could mean rolling along at 40 mph while the poor schmoe behind you on the 600 takes one for the team. That doesn't sound quite as macho though...

I don't think most people fully understand the consequinces of running and getting caught. Felony Evation is a very serious crime. A felony stays on your record for life. It never goes away. Means you cannot own a gun nor run for public office not withstanding the excessive costs involved.

Here, SR 22 insurance is required for 3 years in order to keep your drivers license which can easily cost the price of a new busa annually. Attorney fees and fines will exceed $10K.

My point is, there's a heavy price to pay if by chance the men in Blue catch you. My view is a $200 ticket is cheap insurance against the price of running and not succeeding.

An aquaintence of mine had this notion he could never be caught. He ran 12 times and got away 11 of those. Run number 12 ended up with a road block ending his running carrier. $686 a month for liability insurance on a 1986 Mazda for three years just to keep his license and $15K in Attorney fees and fines just to stay out of jail. SR 22 insurance is required to keep your license even if you don't own a vehicle.

Personally, I could care less if you decide to run. Cops refer to motorcyclist who run as "Organ Doners"!

Consequences! Never forget the consequences! :whistle:

SR 22 insurance is required to keep your license even if you don't own a vehicle.

yep, I had to have it even though I didn't have a car. needed it just to get my license back.

well going to put my comment on this, as i agree running from cops is not the best thing to do but there are a ton of pictures of people doing wheelie's and burn outs and everyone says how cool it is. then there are post/polls on how many people nail it thru first and second gear and we all know that we're talking street riding. Funny who and what people think is "okay" to do and not to do.....always surprises me looking thru all these post how double standards are done on all these boards....let's all buy one of the fast bikes out there BUT don't never, ever post saying you broke the law or you'll get flamed cause none of us do it on here ???

anyhow flame away, i'm like alot of you i break the law speeding and what have ya but if no one is looking or you don't post it, it's okay right? :moon:

Seems those 600cc guys are gana get you in trouble, though I can understand not seeing the cop if you don't use your mirrors.

But I think some ppl here saying to turn yourself in should do so first, can't tell me you never broke the speed limit on their busa, 66mph is still not 65mph, and yes have exceded the speed limit, but I don't exced my comfrot zone
Posted via Mobile Device

Paul....While pulling a wheelie is certainly illegal, and most board members frown on it in traffic, pulling one on an open backroad pretty much only puts YOURSELF in jeapardy....much different than running where you endanger OTHERS. It's the others part that pretty much is the separating line.

well going to put my comment on this, as i agree running from cops is not the best thing to do but there are a ton of pictures of people doing wheelie's and burn outs and everyone says how cool it is. then there are post/polls on how many people nail it thru first and second gear and we all know that we're talking street riding. Funny who and what people think is "okay" to do and not to do.....always surprises me looking thru all these post how double standards are done on all these boards....let's all buy one of the fast bikes out there BUT don't never, ever post saying you broke the law or you'll get flamed cause none of us do it on here ???

anyhow flame away, i'm like alot of you i break the law speeding and what have ya but if no one is looking or you don't post it, it's okay right? :moon:

I think your missing the point. It has nothing to do with "breaking the law". It has to do with what law, how it was broken and are you endangering others. Very few will flame for doing a top speed run on a deserted highway somewhere when the only person you could hurt is yourself. Stunting in traffic will get flamed. Speeding is fine, you want to post how you had a "spirited" ride no problem. But if you get caught, man up and face the consequences. Sometimes you gotta pay to play.

Stuntin on an empty dead end or lettin er rip once in a while when you can see for over a mile and there's no traffic only endangers the rider. The difference when you're running is your brain goes into panic mode, you're riding as fast as you can(and usually faster than you can). You're doing whatever you can to escape. This usually results in alot of wreckless driving endangering your family and friends, as well as mine.
There is a time and place for everything. Some of us actually have common sense, and know that where we are and how we ride makes all the difference.
No one's promoting wheelies up main street or 100mph through a school zone.:beerchug:

guys i truly get it, i totally agree with ya on it. I didn't miss the point was just stating that even though we don't know where and how he ran and we all frown on this (me to even though i have done it in my past as well) just certain comments just are out of line. skydivr (not a flame by no means) yes back roads have kids and dogs on them to...just a thought.

CERBERUS-agreed and he would pay if he got caught

sorry had to edit i'm 40 and with age come common sence right guys...

guys i truly get it, i totally agree with ya on it. I didn't miss the point was just stating that even though we don't know where and how he ran and we all frown on this (me to even though i have done it in my past as well) just certain comments just are out of line. skydivr (not a flame by no means) yes back roads have kids and dogs on them to...just a thought.

CERBERUS-agreed and he would pay if he got caught

sorry had to edit i'm 40 and with age come common sence right guys...

Wisdom Should come with age, but age has nothing to do with common sense. You either have it, or you don't. It's not so common any more either.

Back