its game time. and im pissed.

how much does an attorney cost?

makes no sense to pay 400$ for a 155$ ticket...
I was nothing but polite to the issuing officer, I know that much :laugh:

You should be recieving all kinds of letters from ticket attys in the mail .
They know when and who gets tix and bomb them with flyers .
Also very easy to get an extension on court date no matter what .
Four days from now is not enough time to decide what you want to do anyway.
Call courthouse in the morn on Monday and ask for extension .
I just paid a tic atty 75 bucks to rep me in court .
His 75 plus court cost wound up costing 150 or so which was almost same as ticket but no points are assesed and INS is not notified .

ps....your reading a post , this post from one who was banned because he in a not so sane moment broke a rule .
Not saying you did but I should have waited a few hours and maybe next time you can cool off a bit also before you vent online .
We all know you would not insult all cops but in your anger and tone it kinda reads like that .

Last edited:
If i don't take an attorney, present my side and the judge recognizes it a little, am I able to bargain around?

like lets say he says I get a 50$ ticket; would I be able to ask him to raise it and not give me any points / notify insurance?

is that doable?

Remember just as not all leos are good not all judges are either. I had one instance years ago in a small town went to court everybody knew I was right (yes even the cop) everyone execpt the judge. still had to pay the full ticket and still had the points.

just something to think about.

I would never express any negative feeling to any cop while riding. I feel guilty enough just riding a Hayabusa! Depending on their mood, they can pull you over for really any reason and make things very difficult for you.

Hope things work out positively for you..

Last edited:
If i don't take an attorney, present my side and the judge recognizes it a little, am I able to bargain around?

like lets say he says I get a 50$ ticket; would I be able to ask him to raise it and not give me any points / notify insurance?

is that doable?

Here in Florida you used to be able to go rep yourself and simply cuz you took the time to do it counted for something.
If officer who wrote tic did not show yes you could walk scott free.
Nowadays though LEOs here write all their tix in a month to have the same 2-3 court days.
They are commanded by the boss to be in court for every tic they write.
Also judges now are not so easy to give it away.
With the economy the way it is tix are a great fundraiser..

maybe we should all buy a gopro and record our speed and time when we ride.

can't believe i wasted the time to read this......

funny thing happened when i finally realized cops weren't pigs out to get me......

i stopped getting tickets.

? to the OP....was giving the "pig"(your words) your dis-approving lokk worth the cost of the ticket?

While I can't be sure what the law is in your area, there is nothing in Florida that mandates lights be run to exceed the posted limit. There are general order and such, but those are more like strong suggestions, not law. If you are running lights, there is a serious incident that the officer is responding to. No lights could simply be that he was on a time sentitive call.

As for your ticket, your only hope to fight it is that the officer in question has not received his most recent training cert or that the gun had not been calibrated on schedule. The officer must present these certs in court, otherwise you could feasibly win.

I had something like this happen to me last month. People say just pay it and go on. Well here is my take. Its not the ticket that matters that much. It is all the after math that you get hit with that hurts. Here in VA the ticket stays on your record for 3 years and you insurance goes out of sight. Now when you know you have done nothing wrong and you get hit with things like this it does P you off. When you see a cop doing things wrong and nothing is done it even gets worse. Now I'll admit not all cops are bad but i have to say i have seen quite a few of them and i have no faith in our so called justice system anymore.They pretty much do what they want and we have to live with it. Maybe its time for the good cops to start doing something about the bad ones. Maybe then people won't have such a bad opinion about them. I wish you the best but i feel you can't winn this. I lost my case and the judge and his cop friend pretty much laughed at me and my so called rights. JMO Good luck

i have no problems with LEO's running lights, speeding or any of the other things they commonly get away with.....

anytime you feel like stapping on a gun, and putting your life on the line to protect a mostly un-appreciative public....feel free.

PS: it makes me laugh when people complain about getting a BS ticket, knowing that we (all of us) break traffic laws, almost everytime we ride or drive. i have friends that will race around the local canyons, do wheelies on the freeways or triple digits because they are late to p/u thier wife.......

but get pissed off because the "pig" ticketed him for straight pipes, no mirors, blinkers...running neons or doing 45, in a 40 zone....

The only thing I can add to your misery is, you have little or no chance of winning your case without the assistance of legal counsel. Without an attorney you will loose your case using the same argument your attorney will use to win.

My record is clean for the past ten years or so. Not because I don't get tickets, I do. It's because I have found an attorney who specializes in traffic tickets and he rarely looses a case. He has taken care of every ticket I have received along with every friend I have sent to him. It's a bit spendy but in the long run, it's more than reasonable to keep a clean record. And like the attorney says, if you have a clean record the cop that pulls you over is much more apt to let you off with a warning!

okay so--

I've looked up attorney costs, contacted half a dozen attorneys, and almost all of them want 400-500$...???

I got one to say that he would do it for 250, plus another 100 if it went to trial, and he could probably get it knocked down to a nonmoving violation.

... any advice?

The only thing I can add to your misery is, you have little or no chance of winning your case without the assistance of legal counsel. Without an attorney you will loose your case using the same argument your attorney will use to win.

My record is clean for the past ten years or so. Not because I don't get tickets, I do. It's because I have found an attorney who specializes in traffic tickets and he rarely looses a case. He has taken care of every ticket I have received along with every friend I have sent to him. It's a bit spendy but in the long run, it's more than reasonable to keep a clean record. And like the attorney says, if you have a clean record the cop that pulls you over is much more apt to let you off with a warning!

AGREED -- You need an attorney. You stand almost zero chance, right or wrong, of going to court and winning without one...

Back