Its da Rubb, Rubbersidedown, RSD, checkin in

Wait a minute here,,,, Dude Guy,,, you need to sit back,,, and let us, the members here, and your fiends to Help you out, You stubborn ole bastard!
@rubbersidedown exactly what he said brother, you know what this place is all about now knock off the stubbornness and let your family help you out the way you've helped so many in the org. Really glad to see you check in as you were badly missed and hate that you had to get rid of that turbo monster but I'm sure you'll have something else soon enough.

Update... called Rubba today, had a long chat. He might not make it back on here again as his computer died and he can't afford to replace it. Doesn't seem interested either. I'm usually not one to talk about another's personal situation but in this case I feel that I should make an exception since he's family here.... he's now gone through bankruptcy, has no real income, engaged to a girl who physically attacks him (although she also has her good points like putting a free roof over his head, etc ;)), still using "artificial joy" to get through the day, no car, no Busa... just that needy 954 Fireblade gifted to him from his good friend Jim who passed away last year suddenly from cancer... although it's still not road-worthy yet. Despite all of this though, he's still Rubb. Fun to talk to, jokes around, sees the lighter sides of things regardless of how bad they look, and generous. Offered me a bunch of Busa swag just because we're friends, no cost, no obligation. I told him to hold onto the stuff as one day he will be back on a Busa, although he doesn't see how it will ever be possible. I swear that if I wasn't unemployed myself, I'd find him a cheap Gen1 and put his butt back on the saddle where it belongs. He deserves as much.

So that's it. Those with his phone number can stay in touch with him but if you're hoping the org will be the medium to sustain your friendship, it might not happen unless he gets back online.

Sometimes the bottom is where you have to get before the only option is to look up. No one else can do this for him. A change of location and ‘contacts’ can often make a world of difference. A long time ago he sent me some stuff and I sent him $50. Never heard from him again. Good luck to him!

Update... called Rubba today, had a long chat. He might not make it back on here again as his computer died and he can't afford to replace it. Doesn't seem interested either. I'm usually not one to talk about another's personal situation but in this case I feel that I should make an exception since he's family here.... he's now gone through bankruptcy, has no real income, engaged to a girl who physically attacks him (although she also has her good points like putting a free roof over his head, etc ;)), still using "artificial joy" to get through the day, no car, no Busa... just that needy 954 Fireblade gifted to him from his good friend Jim who passed away last year suddenly from cancer... although it's still not road-worthy yet. Despite all of this though, he's still Rubb. Fun to talk to, jokes around, sees the lighter sides of things regardless of how bad they look, and generous. Offered me a bunch of Busa swag just because we're friends, no cost, no obligation. I told him to hold onto the stuff as one day he will be back on a Busa, although he doesn't see how it will ever be possible. I swear that if I wasn't unemployed myself, I'd find him a cheap Gen1 and put his butt back on the saddle where it belongs. He deserves as much.

So that's it. Those with his phone number can stay in touch with him but if you're hoping the org will be the medium to sustain your friendship, it might not happen unless he gets back online.
Glad to hear he went through BK... nothing better than a clean sheet when you get buried financially... credit card places will be sending him debt trap devices soon enough... 2008 was my rebirth after the crash. Glad to hear he has a roof even though it comes with a price... ear plugs are cheap... If he is able to be employed again finding work might come easy, however, I know little about New York... isn't minimum wage there like $50 an hour? lol ! Anyway... great update on Rubb!

Back