It's been a blast

busa_bill

Life - tastes like chicken!
Donating Member
Registered
This has been by far the best online community that I've ever been associated with. I don't know what I would have done without the advice and support I received here during my 14 months of Bus ownership. But times and things change that cause us to move in different directions. My son (aka: my riding buddy) needed a new car worse than he needed a bike. Uncle Sam is moving him 2300 miles from home and 4 wheels will be much better than 2. We took the MSF course together, we bought together, we drag raced together, and we will sell together. Nothing comes close to being able to share experiences like this with your children, so there are absolutely no regrets.

He's very excited to be able to get the car he wanted and has worked hard to be in a position to get it. Dad likes it so much that now he wants one too.

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks and not just leave without saying something. I'll post a couple of ads in the for sale section for both bikes. His is a mint red/black '05 with 8k. My blue silver '06 has more miles at 19k with a repaired light slide on the left side.

Thanks again everyone. I'll never forget you or this bike

OH - and a pic of the new car owner.
cool.gif

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Sounds like you've got a great son, and obviously you're a great dad  
super.gif
.  As my sons get older I hope I'll be sharing similiar experiences with them as you have with yours - Congratulations!

I know it must be hard to give up the Busa, but I couldn't agree with you more.  If my family needed something that me warranted me giving up my toys, the cars, the house or the shirt on my back, I'd do it!  Family ALWAYS first in my book!

No bike doesn't mean No org.......
Stick around lots of members don't have their ride anymore!
beerchug.gif

Good luck to both of you, and like ks said, you can still hang around here at the .Org!

Great lookin' 'Stang--saw a few as I passed a dealer yesterday, and they sure are head-turners!

(ks-waterbug @ Jul. 22 2007,08:32) No bike doesn't mean No org.......
Stick around lots of members don't have their ride anymore!  
beerchug.gif
Well put. The relationships around here go beyond motorcycles. Sounds like your relationship with your son is awesome, and that's as rewarding as anything in life
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Good luck to you both. You are certainly welcome to stick around
wink.gif

Tell your son good luck with the move. You sir are a great Dad
and I hope you don't leave your online family plus you don't
need a Busa to cruise the ORG
beerchug.gif

Nice new ride for the son!
bowdown.gif

Sorry to see the Busa's are going, but it's understandable...no need to flee though; we're like family here and would love to see you stick around...never know, down the road you may buy again and if not, well, it's just good company to stay here
smile.gif
Good luck with the sales!

sounds a lot like the closeness I share with my father(all though it wasn't always like this, he was a cop, and I was pretty much a piece of s#@t!!!!! on drugs, getting locked up all the time, rubbing his name in the dirt)
anyway....I know how much it means to share that kind of bond with your father...........PRICELESS !!!!!!! Your son is very lucky to have you !!
just think of how many young guys don't even know who thier father is.

Man this thread really hit me !!! Maybe one last ride between father,
and son.............FOR NOW ANYWAY. I wish you both lots a luck, but with a bond like that you won't need it !!!!!

Back