It had to happen. My first silly question, Gen 2 clutch travel

Fly girl

Registered
I have already vacuum flushed and bled the brakes and clutch hydraulics. Everything works fine but I'm surprised at how short the engage/disengage travel is on the clutch lever. Is this normal, and if not, am I looking at a clutch replacement soon? It's a 2015 with only 8000 miles. Thanks everyone!

welcome on board :)

and did you already get the gen2 manual?
if not yet, download it here

ok that manual has no extension for the abs,
but all the other tech is still the same like in 2008 - so it should help a LOT

halt/stop
i feel as i´m the greatest/biggest/smartes - :lol: :lol: :lol:

because:banana: luckily :banana: i found by chance the pdf (see the att.) IN ENGLISH ! :banana: which should fill up the gap/hole in the knowledge about the part "4E" (the busa abs manual ext.) ;)

both together should leave no more questions about techs :) :D

good luck with these two pdf :)

Attachments

• Hayabusa 2013-2020 ABS Manual.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 91

halt/stop

because:banana: luckily :banana: i found by chance the pdf (see the att.) IN ENGLISH ! :banana: which should fill up the gap/hole in the knowledge about the part "4E" (the busa abs manual ext.) ;)

Thank you for posting the ABS extension.

halt/stop

Not helpful. Doesn't address my question at all since my post was about the clutch.

Check your engine oil levels. I find that when it's lower than it should be the clutch just won't engage the way it should at the lever.
I have already vacuum flushed and bled the brakes and clutch hydraulics. Everything works fine but I'm surprised at how short the engage/disengage travel is on the clutch lever. Is this normal, and if not, am I looking at a clutch replacement soon? It's a 2015 with only 8000 miles. Thanks everyone!

There isn’t much between engaging and being fully out on several different Bus’s.

A couple of mm at most

Back