Clutch Gremlin

No need to drain the oil. Put it on kick stand. When you take off clutch cover you'll lose less than an ounce of oil.

No need to drain the oil. Put it on kick stand. When you take off clutch cover you'll lose less than an ounce of oil.

I'll do that then.
I knew oil would come out when on the kickstand, but I didn't know it was such a small amount.
Then I'll know the condition of the clutch, but I'm still at a loss for the lever issue.
Thank you sir.

You can get the clutch cover off without draining the oil out. Put the front tire on a 2x4 piece of wood. I know because I did it to do the Brocks Clutch mod. Hopefully you can get some fluid down to the slave from the master cylinder first. Good luck.

You can get the clutch cover off without draining the oil out. Put the front tire on a 2x4 piece of wood. I know because I did it to do the Brocks Clutch mod. Hopefully you can get some fluid down to the slave from the master cylinder first. Good luck.

Thank you sir.
I was just told that the clutch line may have a weak spot that is ballooning out, causing the lack of pressure at either end.
Not so sure, but anything is possible and worth a try at this point.
I am going to remove the clutch out of curiosity, but whatever I find has no direct effect on the master cylinder issue.:beerchug:

Did you ever check in the master cylinder where you put in the brake fluid that the return line is not clogged. It's the little small hole that looks like a jet. When you pull the lever it should shoot up a small stream of break fluid. If not it's clogged, and not allowing the brake fluid to flow properly.

Did you ever check in the master cylinder where you put in the brake fluid that the return line is not clogged. It's the little small hole that looks like a jet. When you pull the lever it should shoot up a small stream of break fluid. If not it's clogged, and not allowing the brake fluid to flow properly.

Yep, sprayed it out with compressed air.
Bubbles rise from the hole when you pump the lever.
I have it gravity bleeding now...yet again.
MC cap off, line off at slave cylinder.
Sat for a few hours with no change, again.
Pumped lever 100 times rapidly and taped lever to bar, again, cap off, line off at slave.
Wait and see, again.
Thanks

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The stock clutch line had a pinhole in it!
Which is why originally the clutch was slipping, and then would not bleed after the slave piston came out.
I knew all along the clutch itself was fine!
One Galfer SS clutch line later...and I'm riding again! Finally!
Thanks to Pashnit for the clutch line! Great service yet again!
Thank you GOD!!!
And thanks to all who tried to help!
Did I mention that I'm riding again?!:laugh:

result...............still sounds odd that the clutch was slipping just due to the line as to me that would give no clutch rather than slip.
Slipping is only caused by something holding pressure in the hydraulics,wear on the plates or a mechanical fault within the clutch assembly
but heah its working

result...............still sounds odd that the clutch was slipping just due to the line as to me that would give no clutch rather than slip.
Slipping is only caused by something holding pressure in the hydraulics,wear on the plates or a mechanical fault within the clutch assembly
but heah its working

I agree.
Could've been the little bit of crud that was on the clutch pushrod originally, making it be slow to disengage.
Either way, the stock line was bad too.:beerchug:

So where's the pics of a bking wheelie? Really glad you got it figured out

Thanks, and they're coming:laugh:
The back tire's about had it...along with my bike budget:laugh:
Trying to move and have a lot going on.
Wheelie pics will be a random thing, but I'll post them up when I get them.
I've hardly ridden in the last year too, I need some practice! I think it'll come right back though, I rode a little one today:whistle:

Back