Issues installing Sportech windscreen?

Have you had issues with fitment with a Sportech windscreen on the Busa

• I have never owned a Sportech windscreen

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • I have owned one and I had issues with fitment.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I have owned a Sportech and I had no issues with fitment

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
I have installed 3 Sportech Blue Chrome windscreens on my Busa. All of them have been a P.O.S. and a PITA to install. I also have a Zero Gravity DB that I have installed. The ZG installs so nice and easy. I have always just thought it was me until I got the ZeroGravity and installed it, then installed another Sportech on a friends bike and it was also a P.O.S.

So my question is this. Who has had a Sportech and did you have issues with fitment?

Thanks.

they dont have the lip like oem that comes up over the fairing but mine fits fine holds decent and bolt holes line up well.

None of the 3 sportechs I have had lined up worth a darn. The holes were off on all 3 of them.

I've had 2 chrome sportech's. I agree, my ZG fit was great, but they didn't have chrome, so I'll stick with my Sportech. :2cents:
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't remember using a Sportech...I use the ZG double bubble and the skull and both of them match up with no probs...I did have a tented double bubble (I forget what brand) that I gave to a bud, but it worked ok also...until he broke it anyway~!~

my sportech didnt line up at all i had to do some modification to my dash to get it to go in and even then it was hard to get the bolts lined up

helped a friend install a chrome sport tech. it was a P.I.T.A.......... i didnt like the fitment. my ZG looks like its part of the bike, his sport tech looks like it goes on a different bike. it was the only chrome one we could find tho. so he kept it.

Back