Sportech windscreen

chrisarrington

Registered
Okay guys. I have a question. Does anybody have a pic of the black chrome Sportech wind screen. I have been holding out on buying a screen to check them all out. The Zero Gravity looks thin and cheap to me. The Puig look nice and thick but I don't particulary think it flows overall with the bike the best. My buddy has a Sportech chrome on his 05 blue and silver and the line looks great on the bike and the shield look good and thick. I have an 06 maroon and black and I have seen chrome on my color and to me it doesn't fit. I wanted a dark smoke or carbon fiber and now I'm not sure how good the carbon fiber will look. I am just wondering if the black chrome will look good with my colors?

Here ya go,my 01.I like it cause it has the chrome and black chrome effect depending where your standing,but it is black chrome.

IMG_0137.JPG

(GoldenChild @ May 06 2007,16:10) Here ya go,my 01.I like it cause it has the chrome and black chrome effect depending where your standing,but it is black chrome.  Thanks for the pic though.
Man I love your wheels.  The screen looks great on your bike.  I was hoping that the black chrome was more of a high gloss black.  I just don't think the chrome works on the maroon and black even if it does have a blackish tint to it.
And you are up there. You must drag that one.

I have a black chrome sheild too, I just got it.  Mine doesn't look like that in person.  Could just be the picture or angle. It definitely looks more like a really glossy black.  Ive been going back and forth about going to a regular chrome one myself.  Looking at those pics it sorta makes me want to make the change (again).  
cool.gif

IMG_0057Medium.jpg

IMG_0217Small-1.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

The camera brings out the chrome, it's more black to the naked eye.

cheers
ken

(GoldenChild @ May 06 2007,16:17) Can you tell how tall I am by the picture height,
laugh.gif
Looking good Daniel, I see the Tsukigi bug has bitten you too...nice!

(GoldenChild @ May 06 2007,21:17) Can you tell how tall I am by the picture height,
laugh.gif
Nah, but I can see how much it's lowered...
biggrin.gif
And don't you mean an '02
rock.gif
?

Hey GC, I am really diggin' those wheels.
bowdown.gif
They go with the Midnight Falcon perfectly.

Just be careful with the Sportech V-flow chrome / black chrome screens...they are notorious for melting your instrument cluster!

I'm on my second screen (this one was supposed to have been redesigned) and it's melting my cluster...again!
crazy.gif

I think I'm going to paint the inside flat-black!

(GPW @ May 07 2007,07:43)
(GoldenChild @ May 06 2007,16:17) Can you tell how tall I am by the picture height,
laugh.gif
Looking good Daniel, I see the Tsukigi bug has bitten you too...nice!
I won't comment...other than it looks and sounds nice...  
tounge.gif

(omslaw @ May 07 2007,21:15) Just be careful with the Sportech V-flow chrome / black chrome screens...they are notorious for melting your instrument cluster!

I'm on my second screen (this one was supposed to have been redesigned) and it's melting my cluster...again!  
crazy.gif

Mine is non transparent,had one melt the dash but they started using mesh in alot of them...

(GoldenChild @ May 07 2007,23:18)
(omslaw @ May 07 2007,21:15) Just be careful with the Sportech V-flow chrome / black chrome screens...they are notorious for melting your instrument cluster!

crazy.gif

Mine is non transparent,had one melt the dash but they started using mesh in alot of them...
Yeah, mine has mesh all over on the inside.

Recall that gauge cluster bezel I got from ya a couple of months ago? Yeah, already melting!
pissed.gif

Yeah, mine has the mesh on the inside of the screen. Funny thing is that I had to re-shape the front edges of it to make it fit. I used the contours of my old ZG and trimmed with my Dremel. Love it to death now, but would trade it in for another PowerBronze windscreen if I could ever find them again.

(bacharles @ May 07 2007,21:09)
(GoldenChild @ May 06 2007,21:17) Can you tell how tall I am by the picture height,
laugh.gif
Nah, but I can see how much it's lowered...
biggrin.gif
 And don't you mean an '02
rock.gif
?
Not really lowered got the forks cut though,still has stock triple tree on it....It's a 2001 with 02 plastic,wait till you see it redone,changing it all up except pipe and sell it.I'm got something wild up my sleeves to use these plastics on..

Back