Is there a paypal equivalent or better?

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone know of a payment method that is as easy to use and popular as paypal? I have a small website and use paypal for transactions ,but would also like a 2nd easy method to receive payments.... Whats got me curious is , I sold my first scope today and dude paid with paypal all went well , Then I noticed paypal took $13.00 for a transaction fee on a $435.00 sale . It just seems high to me.. I mean they collect interest on the Money while it sits there & I can see them needing to make some profit for a transaction But ssheezzzzz ... Am I looking at it wrong ? Is that an expensive transaction? any advise ? Thanks

oh they collect alright. I have used it a few times in my Business but I prefer Credit Card over Paypal, where at the end of the day, I still get screwed there too. :banghead:

That is not bad. You are going to pay 1.5-3.5% with credit card processing companies depending on volume and monthly fees. Not having the card in hand increases the fees as well with the lower fee companies That is 3% which is likely what you are going to get into.

For a small volume CC processing, look into Intuit. I know a few people using them with small face to face operations. They are paying about 2.5% + a bit more for Amex. know they do web/mail order services as well but don't know the rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's sent as a gift or under "personal" they don't take any fees out. :) I'm not sure how many times you could get away with it if you are a regular user though...

If it's sent as a gift or under "personal" they don't take any fees out. :) I'm not sure how many times you could get away with it if you are a regular user though...

I don't recommend using this method to send money unless you are very close with the person. If you send them $$$ and they don't send the product, paypal will not help you.

Paypal will shut you down for trying to manipulate the system to avoid fees as well. Sometimes even freezing the account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back