Is There a Doc in the House?

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
ischemic leukoencephalomalacia, when I google this seems to get info on dogs and rabbits and such! I have had headaches/Migraines and left side of head numbness/tingling/burning deep inside due to some sort of lesions on my brain since Feb 2008. The USAF said they don't know it's just white spots on your brain and nothing to worry about. Well, after 15 months and fighting with TRICARE for approval and of course I'm retired now, I had a civilian doctor pursue this and the MRI reviews yesterday that I have ischemic leukoencephalomalacia. My doc didn't go into details I guess be cause I have extremely bad anxiety problems and PTSD so he didn't want to set me off or worry me. However, I'm going to see a NEURO in Denver ASAP. But, what the heck does the big fancy name mean? Many thanks.. :please:

inschemic means an organ is not getting enough blood

Definition of Leuko-

Leuko-: Prefix meaning white, as in leukocyte (white blood cell)

encephalo -- brain

malacia---softening

I am not doctor so I can not help u much more than this. I am sorry for what you are going through and I wish you the best. Write down all the questions you can think of now so you can ask the dr. during your visit

also, if this has been going on for so long I wouldn't loose any sleep over it now. Your primary doctor should be able 2 answer some questions, although he is not a neuro doc. Also if anxiety is a problem, he or she should be able 2 prescribe you some valium or xanax.
good luck

One more thing. If I were you, I would call the facility where you had your mri done and ask if their machine is 'open' or 'closed'. Then I would ask how many tesla the maget is. You may have 2 speak directly 2 the mr tech.

closed produces better images than open and the stronger the magnet the better the images. so the best would be 'closed 3tesla'. lets say it's 'open .5 tesla'

Then with that info I would call this doc you are supposed to see in denver and tell them you have images from an 'open .5 tesla' mr (or whatever it may be) and do you want me 2 bring those images. If they do, then call the imaging center back and tell them you need either hard copies or a disc of your images as well as the radiologists report. This may expedite things.

and if the magnet is not very strong or if it's open, the neuro doc may want another mr there in denver with a better machine

inschemic means an organ is not getting enough blood

Definition of Leuko-

Leuko-: Prefix meaning white, as in leukocyte (white blood cell)

encephalo -- brain

malacia---softening

I am not doctor so I can not help u much more than this. I am sorry for what you are going through and I wish you the best. Write down all the questions you can think of now so you can ask the dr. during your visit

health care everything is in latin.... :laugh:

Well, thanks much for the break out on the discription. I didn't think is as good news and sure explains alot. I have the CD's and hard copies and will be taking them with me once they send me to Denver. This happened in feb 2008 while working for way to many years with arse holes and would come to work, upchuck in the old parking lot, go in and listen to horse **** and debate should I bring in my ball bat or worse. On that one particular day the scalp just above the left eyebrow started burning/itching/tingling and hurting and it crawled up over my left side head and then down below my left ear and into my neck area. the issue has not left me now since Feb 2008. The USAF MRI revealed lesions a few months after my 1st incounter and now all this makes perfect since. I hope they have a wonder drug and that is can be fixed. I stay at home since my 4 Nov 08 retirement and just try and stay calm for any emotions will trigger much higher elivation of pain and turn into migraine several times a week. But hey, I still go out and shine the Busa and that is relaxing and puts a :laugh: on my face! Thanks guys and gals.

Mike very sorry to hear about the problems, hope all goes well, prayers sent your way.

Sounds like another case of early on-set homosexuality...find a girl quick and cure it... :whistle:

Just Kidding....

Sorry to hear abou tyour PSTD bro. I know how bad it can be. I get nightmares sometimes but I know it doesn't compare to what you go through. Just know I am here if you ever want to chat. :beerchug:

Skywalker, Prayers to you my friend,I hope you feel better soon, If its that busa that can help to relax ya, ride on sweetie... Hey, anyone know what happend to the rider who was having a ( stint) removed a few weeks ago? I have also been thinking bout him, and I hope he is ok.. Ride safe and much love to ya skywalker..:thumbsup:

Many thanks to all you guys for this is my virtual family of friends that I have never even met! I'm sure the good lord will take care of these issues in one way or another. :beerchug:

Back