Malpractice Lawyers for Advice

DJSIN, good info there. I will talk as well with my PA about this. Now that I will be taking him info on the confirm neuro damage, he should be willing to pursue treatment for the pain that I have lived with for 19 months. This sounds like a viable solution if the VA path or treatment does not work.

u can try relpex, and trecimex(imitrex with coden) as well
both work better then imitrex and wont make you feel lousy..i have imitrex in a shot that works like an epi pen...the botox they will do as a pre courser to surgery if the botox works then they know they can surgically fix it

I have called Salt Lake and that is where my records are sent. I retired 3 Nov 08 as my records was submitted via the DAV about two months prior to retirement. I was scheduled for a VA physical in Sept 08 and expected the MH to follow. In Oct I started calling to request status of MH exam due to PTSD, Anxity, OCD, Paranoia, Social and Industrial Impared and so on and so on and so on. The VA would blow me off and said it takes time and bla bla bla. In Feb 09 they said I missed my appointment in Jan 09. I called bull chit becaused I logged 16 phone calls requsting status and never received mail for the appointment. Then he put me in to reschedule and this was a Friday conversation and on the following Monday the closed my case. I am still trying to get the MH exam and although it's super heavily documented by the military and now my civilian shrinks and turned in via DAV I have no final rating yet and now need the new VA diagnosis of neurological type brain damage added that will take time as well and I'm not even done with the other fight. I just hope my nerves hold up as I feel at times I'm going to have a break down. The one VA guy said the missed appointment was in Jan, the local Clinic when I called said no, it was scheduled in Sept 08 and then they did sent my rating and it even suggested I missed the MH appointment and that was a 3rd date. All these dates was from the VA and this confirms just how screwed up they are and can't even agree on a specific date as they were trying to cover their arse and just make one up. I truely feel the local AF base and my issues as I retired with them that they have some how had the VA mess with my stuff and or rating. It's crazy that with that many calls and always polite I could not and still can not get an answer from the VA even today. Just three wees ago at my comp and pen appointment the MH was one of five things to validate and they did not do it and could not say why and this was in Denver VA hospital. They just say, we don't know.

The fact that you were finally diagnosed is probably the only thing you should be concerned about. As far as malpractice, I really do not see where there was any gross negligence on the part of any doctors. They may not have had the same sense of urgency that you had but docs generally can get away with doing the minimum required for diagnoses. There are so many other things that could have been wrong and they generally take it one step at a time. Usually it is medicate then change meds and maybe change them again, and then run the test that shows the problem. I know a girl who is stage 4 lymphoma because the mil docs wanted to treat other possibilities(took 3.5 yrs) before ruling out cancer. I know it sucks and you feel like they just blew you off, but just be thankful that you now have a diagnosis.

This used to be the case, however it was finally changed. But every attorney will tell you, or should, that you would be hard pressed to win any case against the military. You have to have some rock solid evidence that just cannot be disputed. Another avenue to consider is to sue the doc as an individual and possibly prevent them from ever being licensed once they have resigned their commission, but again it's not that easy either. Doctor's have many outs when it comes to medicine.

I think the VA is so thorough because they don't like paperwork anymore than we do. I'm pretty lucky to live so close to the Salt Lake VA hospital. They are top notch.

Back