Is the Hayabusa right for me

It sounds like your ready for a bigger bike to me. If your a smart rider the busa is not any more dangerous than a 10-speed.

Best insurance rates I have found came from State Farm....about $450 a year for me at 30yrs old for full coverage.

Comfort, bike is not bad to ride on at all for me but you have 2" and 40lbs on me.

IMO the big sportbikes are "where it's at". A buddy of mine just bought a zx14 and could not get over how much more comfortable it was to ride than his CBR 600. Oddly enough he actualy rides it with alot more confidence in the corners too. My guess is he can relax a little more not being cramped up like he was on the CBR...

You should check if you can get or afford insurance on a Busa as your first step. Inspite of 25 years of riding experience and three other vehicles on my policy my insurance company refused to cover my Busa and that was true for a number of companies I called. I ended up with a company that does dedicated policies for motorcycles cost $530 full coverage other were as high as $2k.
If insurance proves to be a problem you might want to look at a Suzuki Bandit 1250 they're a great bike for a tall heavy rider lots of bottom end torque and lots of room for a bigger rider it can keep up with all but the fastest guys on the twisties. And it's way cheaper to insure than any true sport bike. I enjoyed mine and would still have it if my wife wouldn't have started riding with me the busa handles a passenger better.

Doug

:welcome: to the org. Busa is a great bike and you'll love it man. as to killing yourself, you can kill your self on a 50cc bike. its all in the driver man. i got an 08 and it was my 1st bike, learned to ride on it and all. i don't regret getting her at all.........now what are you still doing reading you should be buying it already!!:beerchug:

The biggest determining factor when it comes to insurance cost, believe it or not, is your credit score. If you've got a good score, your 'Busa insurance will be very reasonable.

CW

I'm 38, 6'2" and weigh 150lbs. The only issue I have is trying to hold on when taking off fast! I was about 215, decided I didnt want to be fat anymore.

Good Luck

Just in case you haven't got the bike yet, they now have avaiable the elusive 2011.
Posted via Mobile Device

Im 5'11" 220-230ish and have to say that the busa was the best option for me. Sometimes I think I should have bought a low mileage CBR1000RR but the comfort of the busa is what sold me and sold my wife(we ride 2 up quite a bit)

First of all, people who are thinking about buying the busa and have no clue on the insurance cost....problem solved easily. Just call around and find out what its going to cost you before you buy one and have to provide insurance. People should not be scared of the busa. Yes, it has alot of power and yes if you want to be dumb and try to ride like your in the moto gp your probably going to hurt yourself. Always ride to your potential and not to your friends potential. Take a motorcycle course also. Not only helps you on your insurance on the bike but also gives you some knowledge on how to ride.

I'm 6'3" and 280 lbs and find the Busa comfortable enough for long days of riding, 300 miles. I stop every 100 miles for a break. The Busa does not cause problems, the rider causes all the problems with their right wrist. If you use your head while riding, you will be OK. If you are going to twist it open, you need to get accustomed to the power curve gradually.

Ride safe!!!

First I financed through Suzuki on my first Busa and no full coverage was even required to finance it. That was cool since in FL I did not need motorcycle insurance as long as I wore a helmet.

Second: there are modified foot pegs and brackets to raise the bars that work nicely for me for cruising my busa. You can also get a sissy bar for your passenger (must buy Corbin Seats to use sissy bar) and paint matching bags for crusing from Corbin. I set up one of my busas like this for cruising and had no issues with tank to tank stopping for fill up and a smoke...

Third: The Busa will get you into trouble in your first 10K of riding it. Sometimes you might think you are at 90MPH or something look down and see 150MPH. I did this when I bought my first Busa... I really like the way the Busa handles better than the GSX-R because it does not need to wind up. You can roll on the gas and never down shift in almost any situation whereas you 600 would require dropping 2 gears to get the same acceleration as the busa crusing in 6th at 70 mph... I'v ewoned both and that's what it feels like. Never have I had someone come up my my arse in a car where I needed to down shift to make my distance comfortable. If you keep the restricted bike stock the front tire may just begin to float with roll on acceleration but it's fairly predictable without clutching a wheelie. Of all of the bikes I have owned I can't go back after owning the Busa.

Im looking into getting a Hayabusa, but I keep hearing horror stories about getting yourself killed on one and ridiculous insurance costs.

I currently ride a 2006 gsxf-600 (katana). Im 6'3 about 275 lbs so for starters 600cc feels kinda sluggish and I want some more zip. The second issue is Im a big dude, and im looking for a comfortable bike that I can spend a few hours in saddle and not hate life like i do on my katana.

Ive was looking at getting a gsxr 1000 or R1. however im just too big and i feel cramped on the bike so I figure my only options are a busa, a BMW, or a cruiser (which has no appeal to me at all, im not old enough for a cruiser, lol).

So yea, Im curious if a busa sounds right for my situation? How comfortable are they? And lastly, how much do the insurance companies rape your for owning one of these. ie whats the cost for full coverage.

Thanks, i appreciate any responses :vader:

Well I can relate to you pretty well. I'm 6 foot and 240lbs. I went from a 600 Katana(that I rode for 3 years) to a GSXR 1K that I traded for the Busa almost a year to the day after I bought it. The primary reason I didn't keep the 1K is comfort. I rode from North Central MA to(and up) Mt Washington and back one day and my knees and butt were killing me when I got home. I have since made several similar length and longer rides on the Busa and been much happier at the end. The comfort level is night and day from the Gixxer to the Busa.

That being said once you get it I would suggest a couple simple things to improve the comfort considering your height and weight. I had the seats done by New Image and they're not only more comfortable but their customized to my liking :thumbsup:

The will give your knees some relief due to your long legs. My legs are long for my overall height so I have some idea how you will feel. They lower your foot position by about 2 inches. I have been procrastinating on this one and I think I will be ordering them today.

And :welcome: to the org :beerchug:

:laugh: I love it when I am not the one who didn't see the date :poke: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

and it just keeps going too....

The guy probably didn't get the Busa judging by the fact that it's been almost a year since this thread was written and he still only has two posts.

Back