Is 10 lbs getting greedy on stock compression?

jermzfree

Registered
I want to know if 10 lbs is safe to boost on from 1-6th gear. I have stock compression (10.5-1) and have MTC turbo 83mm pistions, and water injection. Currently I have a 6 lb spring, and am just debating if I should go to 8 lbs or 10 lbs. (Rcc stage 1 gen 1)

Thanks for all input:thumbsup:

I've always heard boosting a bored motor is asking for catastrophy, just my :2cents:

I have heard you can blow a head gasket much easier w/ a bored engine. I hope that is not the case for lower boost bikes like mine. The engine does have heavy duty head studs.

Ive heard going over 8lbs of boost on stock compression and pump gas isn't a good combo I have a stage 1 at 7 pounds and I'm at the limit of the "safe zone". A water methanol kit or intercooler would allow more boost. I was told to upgrade internals if going over 8lbs of boost.

Water injection and a good tune!
As well as a good Air Fuel gauge!

tuned well with your water inj you should be fine

i have a 83mm bore in my race bike , and run it to low 20 psi with just the studs and cometic gasket, second motor has o ring copper gasket and receiver groove setup and had that to 28 psi
just a matter of controlling cyl pressures , big spikes from detonation will hurt just about any gasket

Back