Touring on a turbo busa?

What fluid are you using in it? I had thoought about using something similar, but use my trunk, so there was no real place to keep it.

I am using windshield washer fluid. I was thinking about mounting an 08 radiator reserve tank, but this was much easier.

How big is your water injection tank? Setting up a "purge" switch with an extra nozzle at the radiator might be beneficial just in case. Another thing to wire, but might be useful.

On a side note, got better pics of the water injection install? Looks like a shurflo pump?

When would you use this? What is it for?

stumbled on this thread and thought it needed to be bumped. Camelback reservoir is genius.

Any issues with it since install?

stumbled on this thread and thought it needed to be bumped. Camelback reservoir is genius.

Any issues with it since install?

Thanks! I was getting air in the feeder line to the pump when the camel pac was about half empty. I flipped the pac over so the screw top opening and feeder line were facing down. Solved the problem. Its got over 2k on it and it works great!

I think spraying the radiator with co2 would be useless but I have seen people spray co2 across the intercooler at high boost to lower intake temps

I'm referring to setting up a second nozzle to spray on the radiator after a poster mentioned improving cooling. It could spray at the same time as the regular nozzle, or use a second solenoid and wire it up to activate whenever you see the coolant temps rising. Washer fluid should have enough methanol in it to evaporate rather well off of the radiator. Might not be the best idea, but would be simple enough if you don't have adequate cooling.

I'm referring to setting up a second nozzle to spray on the radiator after a poster mentioned improving cooling. It could spray at the same time as the regular nozzle, or use a second solenoid and wire it up to activate whenever you see the coolant temps rising. Washer fluid should have enough methanol in it to evaporate rather well off of the radiator. Might not be the best idea, but would be simple enough if you don't have adequate cooling.

Any results from this?

Unless you spray a vast amount of water, you won't see any difference to make it worth it.

Again take it from someone who lives and street rides turbo Busas in Texas, 2 fans work just fine.

No road trip yet, but camping was great. Rider+passenger+pack weight= around 375 lbs. Going at highway speeds up the mountains at 9000 feet, and still staying off boost while cruising. The no down shifting when passing im really starting to like!:laugh:

IMG_20130929_121747.jpg

Back